Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I continue work on my L1B visa after October 1 2023 when my H1B gets approved?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I continue work on my L1B visa after October 1 2023 when my H1B gets approved?

I am currently employed by employer A, having initially traveled to the USA on an L1B visa, which was subsequently extended. Although I have two years remaining on my L1B visa before reaching the max-out duration, I pursued an H1B visa (through the lottery) through both my current employer- A, and another employer- B (a consultancy). My H1B application with employer B was selected, while there was no selection for my application with employer A in the lottery.
    Subsequently, I chose to proceed with employer B's H1B petition. However, I later come to know that my H1B petition with employer A was also selected in a second lottery. I would like to continue with my current employer A's H1B process since they filed my PERM seven months ago, and it could be approved at any time.
    The H1B petition with employer B has been approved before October 1, and I have received the I-129 form along with a new I-94 attached to it. In this situation, can I continue working on my L1B visa even after October 1, 2023 with employer A? If not, do I need to join employer B (the consultancy)?. Please don't make harsh comments; I'm already very confused.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X