Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help regarding H1b+H4 first time

Hi all,
    I am in US and already got H1b approved, I ll be going to india and get married in Feb 2011.
    I am trying to schedule an appointment now for my H1B stamping and H4 visa for my future husband.

1)while filling up the DS160 for H1b stamping, I am required to give my status as married or single, I am confused. At the time of filling the form now I am single, but at the time of visa interview I will be married.
    Could someone please help me as I am not able to figure out.

2) Do I need to fill out form for my future husbands’ H4 visa on his behalf and which form to be filled up?
    as few sites suggesting DS160 and others DS156+DS157.

Thanks in advance

1)while filling up the DS160 for H1b stamping, I am required to give my status as married or single, I am confused. At the time of filling the form now I am single, but at the time of visa interview I will be married.
    Could someone please help me as I am not able to figure out.
    >>> Did you try searching this is immihelp? This question has been answered 1000's of times. You can answer as "married" since the application that you are filling is as of the date of the visa interview.

2) Do I need to fill out form for my future husbands’ H4 visa on his behalf and which form to be filled up?
    as few sites suggesting DS160 and others DS156+DS157.
    >>> DS-156 & DS-157 are old. DS-160 is the latest. If you chose the "Family Option", you both can attend the visa interview together.

Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X