H4 stamping for company B while H1 is with Company A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 stamping for company B while H1 is with Company A

I have my H1 Visa with company A till July31st. I have applied for a H1 transfer and got my new I-797 till Sept-2013. I am planning to get married in May, can my wife go to H4 stamping with my new I-797 and i stay on old Visa? Should I accompany her for stamping?
    Do I need to go for stamping again mandatorily?

Thanks,
    Abhi

You can use the same Visa if your travel date falls before the expiry.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks for the reply
      I assume i need not accompany her for H4 stamping. This helps in planning my travel

Comment

You don't need to accompany her if you are not getting your H1B stamped. She can go alone to get the H4 stamped.

Originally posted by abhi2908 View Post
        Thanks for the reply
        I assume i need not accompany her for H4 stamping. This helps in planning my travel
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

I have a question. My current H1B is valid till 09/16/2011 on company A.

I recently went to India and got my stamping done and came to US, a week ago. So, I have new I-94.

Now, I'm planning to apply for H1 transfer to company 'B'. If I get H1 approval with company 'B' by April' 2011, then this company 'B' i-797 H1B approval copy will have my latest I-94.

If i want to go to India in May, do i need to visit stamping again on company 'B' or Can i come back on company 'A' stamp that i have in my passport till Sep' 2011.

Please clarify this for me.

Thanks a lot

Comment

Very commonly asked question. Did you try searching immihelp for the answer? Did you read the FAQ?
            https://www.immihelp.com/h1-visa-transfer-faq/

Originally posted by Immigrant_Sri View Post
            I have a question. My current H1B is valid till 09/16/2011 on company A.

I recently went to India and got my stamping done and came to US, a week ago. So, I have new I-94.

Now, I'm planning to apply for H1 transfer to company 'B'. If I get H1 approval with company 'B' by April' 2011, then this company 'B' i-797 H1B approval copy will have my latest I-94.

If i want to go to India in May, do i need to visit stamping again on company 'B' or Can i come back on company 'A' stamp that i have in my passport till Sep' 2011.

Please clarify this for me.

Thanks a lot
            Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X