Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regarding H4 visa for a student

Hello,
    In october 2010, I had applied for tourist visa(B2) to go to US to meet my fiancee, which was rejected.Also last time while applying, I had mention in the form that I am studying and its 2 year MBA course.
    Now I got married and I will applying for dependent visa (H4).So should I still mention that I am a student(which actually I am) or should I hide this fact.?
    Is there a possibility that they will think I am not dependent because I am student?

Plz respond

It will not matter. In general do not hide anything. Misrepresentation can get you a ban.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks
      One more query:In case of applying for H4, Principal application will always be the husband in DS-160 form ?

Also there is no clear option of H4 given in DS-160 ,Is this correct ?

Comment

Principle applicant is the one who holds the H1B petition. One who is applying as dependent to that H1B candidate is a dependent applicant.

Originally posted by gur12327 View Post
        Thanks
        One more query:In case of applying for H4, Principal application will always be the husband in DS-160 form ?

Also there is no clear option of H4 given in DS-160 ,Is this correct ?
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks

One more suggestion is required;
          I had applied for tourist visa in october 2010 which was rejected.Now I am applying for dependent visa because i just got married in jan.

While filling the DS-160 form for H4 visa (dependent) they asked the question:
          "Have you ever been refused a U.S. Visa, been refused admission to the United States, or withdrawn your application for admission at the point of entry?"

explain:

What could be the better answer for this??Will it affect my chances of getting visa this time?

As such i dont know why they rejected my tourisit visa in october 2010

plz respond

Comment

Did they give you anything in writing when they denied the Visa? Most typical reason is 214b immigrant intent.
            It will not affect H4 Visa application and you must mention it (answer yes).

Comment

Thanks for your response.
              You are right, They gave me the printed handout saying that dear visa applicant it is found ineligible under section 214(b).

Have you ever been refused a U.S. Visa, been refused admission to the United States, or withdrawn your application for admission at the point of entry?"

Now to answer the above question, can i write:
              "In october 2010, I had applied for tourist visa to meet my finacee, which was refused"

Any other information I need to write or plz let me know the better way to phrase this answer?

Thank u so much for your continued effort.

Comment

In october 2010, I had applied for tourist visa to meet my finacee, which was refused under 214b.
                Don't worry H4 visa allows for immigrant intent.

Comment

Thanks again

2 more questions:

1.If they ask me what was the reason that your intial tourist visa was rejected, can i say that I dont know the reason why they rejected it.
                  (actually they didnt even see my documents while rejecting my tourist visa)

2.If in DS-160, I am writing that my intended time of stay is 2 months,
                  then will i get visa only for 2 months??

Comment

You can say that not many questions were asked and no documents were seen.

Why only two months? It should be as long as your spouse's I-94/petition. If it only goes out to 2 months you will get Vis afor 2 months.

Comment

2 months because I have to come back after 2 months as I am still studying.
                      But as my husband's I-94/petition ...its 2 years..

so i will get visa for 2 years even though my intended time of stay is 2 months.
                      correct???

Comment

Yes, you should. There is no harm in entering 2 years either. H4 applicants are not required to prove that they will return.

Comment

Hello,
                          For h4,
                          As my husband is in US, he has sent me only the scanned copies of the document llike I-797, I-94,PASSPORT etc.
                          Do i need any of his original document, please specify?

Secondly, I have only W2s for his income tax thing but not IRS form.
                          Will that suffice?

Comment

As my husband is in US, he has sent me only the scanned copies of the document llike I-797, I-94,PASSPORT etc.
                            Do i need any of his original document, please specify?
                            >>> Check the list of documents required for H4 in the below link. Original I-797 of the principle applicant is required.
                            https://www.immihelp.com/h4-visa-stamping-documents/

Secondly, I have only W2s for his income tax thing but not IRS form.
                            Will that suffice?
                            >>> W2 is enough. However, it is good to carry documents related to tax filing.
                            Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Hey,

For applying to H4,though my state of residence is maharashtra but no dates are availale in mumbai, so can I apply in delhi ???

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X