Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shervin143
    replied
    Use the below link to search for the company and experiences post by others about this employer.
    http://www.immihelp.com/h1b-sponsori...nies-database/

Originally posted by happybuddha View Post
    Thanks for the kind replies.

The consulting company also said they will provide with all the paper work and letters such as the offer letter, the client's letter and a valid job requirement in the US.

Can I mention the consultants name here and may be someone has experience with them.

I dont wanna be banned from entering my favorite country.

Cheers,

Leave a comment:

• happybuddha
    replied
    Thanks for the kind replies.

The consulting company also said they will provide with all the paper work and letters such as the offer letter, the client's letter and a valid job requirement in the US.

Can I mention the consultants name here and may be someone has experience with them.

I dont wanna be banned from entering my favorite country.

Cheers,

Leave a comment:

• shervin143
    replied
    In addition to the below note from Kabkaba, a decision like this could mess up your plans big time. It is absolute fraud to enter U.S without a job in H1B visa and that too with an approval notice of a employer for whome you will not work in U.S. This can get you ban for life from entering U.S.

My advise if NOT to resign your current employer until you get a job in U.S (Meaning, not just the H1B transfer, but also a valid job at a client location (with a client letter). This is very much important if your H1B sponsor is a consultancy company).

Leave a comment:

• kabkaba
    replied
    That sounds like bs to me.
    For entering the US on H1 Visa, you need a valid approved petition. Petition from your old employer cannot be used for entering the US to work for a different employer. This is fraud and you can get banned for life.
    Ask your new employer to first file the petition for you and get it approved. After approval, you can use the same existing Visa in your passport to travel to the US with new petition.
    Beware, some consultants engage in fraudelent practices. They will have you pay for H1 petition, will not pay you on time and while on bench. This will cause future problems. Consider all the possibilities before leaving your good job chasing a dream. Considering the advice this consultant has given you, I would stay away from them.

Leave a comment:

• ihelp07
    replied
    How you will get your Paystub to initiate the Transfer ??

Leave a comment:

• happybuddha
    started a topic H1b transfer from India proposal - is it legal

H1b transfer from India proposal - is it legal

Hola friends,

So, in continuation to my saga of not being able to go to the US. My current employer processed my H1b and I got a visa in the month of February. But my current company does not yet have plans to send me to the US. So, I applied to a consultant T (in Chennai)for their openings and here is what they said. That I resign from my current job. During the notice period, I will be attending client calls on a voip phone and by the time the notice period is through I will have a project on which I could travel to the US. Now, I believe that they have a client base and they may be able to get me a project but here's where I am confused. I some how checked, and my company will not cancel my H1b Visa. It seems they will just dis-own the visa. So T said that they are going to provide me with client letters and all other 'papers' so I wont have a problem at the port of entry... and as soon as I land, they will start the H1b Transfer process and within a month it will be transferred. ... So, does this sound all legal and valid ?
    Is it legal and alright to actually go to a port of entry without a real H1b owner at that moment ? Please, any words of advice are greatly appreciated at this 'crucial' juncture .

cheers,
    HB

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X