No announcement yet.

Urgent !!! H4 preperation of documents.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent !!! H4 preperation of documents.

Hi,

My H1B Visa was stamped in November and I travelled to US on March 15.
    Just before travelling I got married and I am planning to get my wife too on dependent visa H4.

I am collecting all the documents as listed in Chennai consulate website. But I need to confirm on the below queries:

1. Since Visa was stamped in November and I travelled to US on March, would it create any problem for H4 visa applicant. Would Consulate officer ask any question, if so what can be expected.

2. We got married 8 days before I travel to US and I reported to US office on March 18. Also this is the first time I am travelling to US. I will not be having any paystubs as well as W2 forms for now. So is it advisable for applying for H4 visa for my wife. What are the problems/questions that we might get from consulate officer.

3. Do I have to send the original I-797, I-129, LCA as well as bank Statements for atleast 15 days/1month(i.e. atleast 2 salaries....but i might probably get only one paystub at the max)

Please let me know if I need to be aware of any additional documents from my employer other than "Letter of employment" which describes: When did I report to my US company and how much is my salary.

Kindly rely as we are planning to apply for H4 visa soon.

Thank you.

1. Since Visa was stamped in November and I travelled to US on March, would it create any problem for H4 visa applicant. Would Consulate officer ask any question, if so what can be expected.
    >>> No issues. It is not mandatory to travel immediately after getting the visa stamped.

2. We got married 8 days before I travel to US and I reported to US office on March 18. Also this is the first time I am travelling to US. I will not be having any paystubs as well as W2 forms for now. So is it advisable for applying for H4 visa for my wife. What are the problems/questions that we might get from consulate officer.
    >>> You just need to show pay slips for the period you were on H1B status. If you were on H1B only for 15 days, then show pay slips only for that period.

3. Do I have to send the original I-797, I-129, LCA as well as bank Statements for atleast 15 days/1month(i.e. atleast 2 salaries....but i might probably get only one paystub at the max)
    >>> All these are required documents. Bank Statements and pay slips are required only for the period you are in H1B status. So 15 days is good enough. If asked, your wife can explain the same to the VO.

Please let me know if I need to be aware of any additional documents from my employer other than "Letter of employment" which describes: When did I report to my US company and how much is my salary.
    >>> https://www.immihelp.com/h4-visa-stamping-documents/
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thank you for the reply Shervin.
      Deeply appreciate it.

I also need to know if I need to send the bank statements IN ORIGINAL or else a photocopy would suffice ?

Also do I need to send any accomodation details to dependent visa applicant. Currently I am staying with my friends, so will wait for few more days to find an apartment here in US.

Also My wife is currently working and she has already resigned from the company and serving her notice period.
      Does she needs to get a No objection certificate from her existing employer.

Currently I have a letter from my employer mentioning the 'letter of verification of employment start date' which describes on when did I start under what title and how much gross salary i will be earning.
      So do I need to get any letter from my employer or from me to the Consulate officer for the H4 applicant mentioning that "She will be joining me soon as a dependent and please grant the visa for applicant. For further enquiries please contact the company".

Your timely response is most valuable to me.

Thank you

Comment

I also need to know if I need to send the bank statements IN ORIGINAL or else a photocopy would suffice ?
        >>> The statements that you can download and print from your online account summary is good enough.

Also do I need to send any accomodation details to dependent visa applicant. Currently I am staying with my friends, so will wait for few more days to find an apartment here in US.
        >>> Any address where she can be contacted when she is in U.S is good enough. She need to be awareof the address where she will be staying after reaching U.S (avoid hotel addresses).

Also My wife is currently working and she has already resigned from the company and serving her notice period.
        Does she needs to get a No objection certificate from her existing employer.
        >>> Not required.

Currently I have a letter from my employer mentioning the 'letter of verification of employment start date' which describes on when did I start under what title and how much gross salary i will be earning.
        So do I need to get any letter from my employer or from me to the Consulate officer for the H4 applicant mentioning that "She will be joining me soon as a dependent and please grant the visa for applicant. For further enquiries please contact the company".
        >>> That is good enough.
        https://www.immihelp.com/h4-visa-stamping-documents/
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X