Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Stamping in India

Hi folks,
    My H1 in USA has been extended and so is H4 for my family.
    My family is going to India however I myself (H1 holder) am not going. So when my family wants to return to USA after 2 months, they of course will need to go to US Consulate in Mumbai for visa stamping

My question is can they go to consulate and get their H4 stamped without me being present there in person? Or is it mandatory that H1 holder needs to be present physically?

Pl help is anyone had a similar situation.
    Thanks
    mm

They can get the H4 stamped without you.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

H4 Stamping in India - Without H1 Holder present

Thanks a lot Shervin,
      Would I be required to send my (H1-B holder's original I-797 in that case along with other documentation? Or any other specific documents of H1 holder in original?
      Thanks again for your reply.
      -msquare29

Comment

Original I-797 of the primary applicant is required. Check the below kink for the required documents for H4 visa.
        https://www.immihelp.com/h4-visa-stamping-documents/

Originally posted by msquare29 View Post
        Thanks a lot Shervin,
        Would I be required to send my (H1-B holder's original I-797 in that case along with other documentation? Or any other specific documents of H1 holder in original?
        Thanks again for your reply.
        -msquare29
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Re:

Is your employment model E-V-C? or direct?
          If it is E-V-C then there is a danger of getting a 221g even for a H4 applicant.
          If so, I would encourage to postpone your travel.
          However, you might want to research more if Mumbai consulate is creating issues in this regard.
          New Delhi and Chennai have been doing so in the past so avoid these two.

Comment

Query >> msquare29

Originally posted by msquare29 View Post
            Hi folks,
            My H1 in USA has been extended and so is H4 for my family.
            My family is going to India however I myself (H1 holder) am not going. So when my family wants to return to USA after 2 months, they of course will need to go to US Consulate in Mumbai for visa stamping

My question is can they go to consulate and get their H4 stamped without me being present there in person? Or is it mandatory that H1 holder needs to be present physically?

Pl help is anyone had a similar situation.
            Thanks
            mm
            --------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Hi,

So did your family go for stamping without you? How was the process?
            It would be gr8 if you can provide the details.

Thanks.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X