Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 VISA Extension

Hi,
    my H1 visa is going to expire in sept 2012 so as my wife's. My employer is going to extend mine as well as her visa. My question is we are planning our first baby in INDIA, by that time sept 2012 the baby will be 2 months old and my wife cannot travel with infant.
    1. Can she go and stamp anywhere in the month of December?
    2. if yes what is the procedure. Mine is Kolkata consulate

Thank You

my H1 visa is going to expire in sept 2012 so as my wife's. My employer is going to extend mine as well as her visa. My question is we are planning our first baby in INDIA, by that time sept 2012 the baby will be 2 months old and my wife cannot travel with infant.
    >>> Are you planning to have a baby exactly in the month of September 2012? Wow! that is pretty advanced planning.

1. Can she go and stamp anywhere in the month of December?
    >>> Yes. She can get the H4 stamped from any U.S consulate in India.

2. if yes what is the procedure. Mine is Kolkata consulate
    >>> Procedure is the same - Fil DS-160, take the visa appointment, carry the required documents and do the visa interview well.
    https://www.immihelp.com/h4-visa-stamping-documents/
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Hi Shervin,
      thank you for the reply, my question is her visa will expire in sept 2012, if she goes in the month of december for the interview will there be any problem with it.

Thanks

Comment

You can go for the visa interview anytime. Visa is just an entry document to U.S and you need a valid visa only when you want to enter U.S. When you are inside the country, your I-94 will determine your valid immigration status.

Originally posted by skumar96 View Post
        Hi Shervin,
        thank you for the reply, my question is her visa will expire in sept 2012, if she goes in the month of december for the interview will there be any problem with it.

Thanks
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X