Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Long Does it take for H1B petition extension.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Long Does it take for H1B petition extension.

Hi

Recently my H1B Visa and petition got expired, My employer applied for a cap extension, Please let me know how much time it generally takes to get the petition extension approval from USCIS.

Also it would be great if anyone can tell how to track it by myself.

Thanks!!

It will take anywhere between 2-4 months by normal process and 15 days by premium process. If you have already received the receipt notice from USCIS, then use can track the status in the uscis.gov website by entering the receipt number.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Hi,

My Visa extension is filed to USCIS on July 7th, since then its in Initial Review, Any idea how long does it take for the completion of decision ? The US GOV website shows its as I129, can you tell me what I129 is?

Thanks in Advance!!

Comment

I-129 is the form number on which your employer filed the H1 petition. It has been too long if it was received on July 7. Your employer should follow up with USCIS about the status.
        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Since it is already 90 days past the filing date, your company attroney can take an infopass appointment to discuss the case with USCIS.
          https://www.immihelp.com/infopass-ap...nt-with-uscis/
          Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X