Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wife H4 interview alone

Hi

I got my H1b stamped a week back and I will be travelling to US on 30th June. My wife who has taken vacation leave has got her H4 interview date on 8th July(beginning of next month). We have some queries regarding the interview.

1. As on 8th July(her interview date), I would have travelled to USA. But I will not have paystubs as of yet. if asked for paystubs can she say that "my husband has just travelled to USA,and he is yet to start working. So I do not have paystubs yet". Or can she say, "My husband is yet to travel?"
    Will not having paystubs or w2 lead to 221g for h4?

2. Are photocopies of my I797 enough for her interview?
    3. We both work for the same company(private IT firm). She has got her vacation leave. Will she have to give any proof in the interview for this?

Can you please help..

Can anyone plz reply .....

Comment

1. As on 8th July(her interview date), I would have travelled to USA. But I will not have paystubs as of yet. if asked for paystubs can she say that "my husband has just travelled to USA,and he is yet to start working. So I do not have paystubs yet". Or can she say, "My husband is yet to travel?"
      Will not having paystubs or w2 lead to 221g for h4?
      >>> The truth. She can say that you just traveled to work for the employer.

2. Are photocopies of my I797 enough for her interview?
      >>> No. Original approval notice is required. Check the H4 visa section of immihelp for the complete documentation.

3. We both work for the same company(private IT firm). She has got her vacation leave. Will she have to give any proof in the interview for this?
      >>> No.
      Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Will not having paystubs or w2 lead to 221g for h4
        >>> The truth. She can say that you just traveled to work for the employer.

Thank you Shervin.

But will the non-availability of paystubs cause denial or rfe??

Also, you said, my Original I797 is to be presented by my dependent during the interview. As I will be travelling a week before her interview, will i not require the original I797 on port of entry in USA?
        Last edited by ranjithsivanandan; 06-21-2011, 11:38 PM.

Comment

But will the non-availability of paystubs cause denial or rfe??[/COLOR]
          >>> Did you have to show the pay slips when you attended the visa interview? I guess not since you did not work for the employer at that time. The same holds good for H4. Your wife need to clearly explain that you just travelled to work for the employer and so there are no pay slips yet.

Also, you said, my Original I797 is to be presented by my dependent during the interview. As I will be travelling a week before her interview, will i not require the original I797 on port of entry in USA?
          >>> You need the original I-797 at the POE and your wife need the same for her H4 visa interview. You should have planned it correctly before booking the visa interview. The best option would have been to take your spouse for the H4 interview along with your H1B. Check with the local Fedex office. They might be able to deliver the approval notice on time after your arrival.
          Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X