Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Transfer and Travel

Hi,

I work for company A and have a stamped visa and I94 for until Nov 2013. I am planning to tranfer my visa to company B. I am also planing to travel to India on a 2 week trip after joining company B. My question is should I have to do my visa stamping again when I go India or can I go and get back using my company A's visa and company B's approval document. Can someone please clarify?

Also my wife is in India at this time and she holds a stamped H4 visa until Nov 2013. Should I file any paperwork for my wife during the visa transfer process with company B?

What paperwork would she need when she travels back to US?

Any response is very much appreciated.

Thanks
    Sasi

I work for company A and have a stamped visa and I94 for until Nov 2013. I am planning to tranfer my visa to company B. I am also planing to travel to India on a 2 week trip after joining company B. My question is should I have to do my visa stamping again when I go India or can I go and get back using my company A's visa and company B's approval document. Can someone please clarify?
    >>> No need to go for stamping again. You can travel with the existing valid H1B visa and the petition from your new employer. The same holds good for your dependents too.

Also my wife is in India at this time and she holds a stamped H4 visa until Nov 2013. Should I file any paperwork for my wife during the visa transfer process with company B?
    >>> No. You cannot file a H4 petition for a dependent who is outside U.S. Upon return by showing your new approval notice from Employer B, she will get an I-94 that matches your new petition.

What paperwork would she need when she travels back to US?
    >>> http://www.immihelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80932
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X