Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Stamping and Work permit extension

Hi,

I'm currently in India. I have a H1 Visa that expired in July 2010. However I have a valid work permit which expires on 12th Oct 2011. (I had got it extended once when I was in US and I have not completed my 6 years of stay in US on H1).
    I would like to know the following:

1. What is the maximum date (approx) I can get my H1 Visa stamped again so that I can travel to US?
    2. I would like to get my work permit extended. What is the maximum date (approx) when I can get my work permit extended before expiry after I reach US?

Thanks
    Z

1. What is the maximum date (approx) I can get my H1 Visa stamped again so that I can travel to US?
    >>> Not sure what you are trying to ask. You can get the visa stamped any time before the petition expiry date. Visa will be issued only till the petition expiry date and you need a valid petition and visa to enter U.S.

2. I would like to get my work permit extended. What is the maximum date (approx) when I can get my work permit extended before expiry after I reach US?
    >>> The application to extend your H1B status should reach USCIS before the I-94 expiry date (The one that you will get at the POE).
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X