Incorrect DOB in I94 and going for H4 stamping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incorrect DOB in I94 and going for H4 stamping

I have incorrect DOB on I94 issued by USCIS and I have contacted USCIS and they told me to submit I102. Now I102 processing time is 2-3 months and I have to travel to India within 2 weeks and I also have to go for H4 stamping.

Now here are my questions.

Can I treavel to India with incorrect I94?
    Can I go for stamping with incorrect I94? will it be any problem?
    Can I come back safly? Will it be any problem to POE?
    If I submit I102 with original I94, can I travel to India with notarized copy of I94?
    Or should I submit notarized copy of I94 with I102 and surrender I94 when I leave USA?

Please help me.

Can I treavel to India with incorrect I94?
    Can I go for stamping with incorrect I94? will it be any problem?
    >>> You have to return your I-94 to the airport authorities when you leave the country to have a proper exit record against your I-94. So exiting the country or going for the visa stamping should not be an issue. Take a copy of the I-94 for your records.

Can I come back safly? Will it be any problem to POE?
    >>> No issues. You will get a new I-94 upon your return. Verify to make sure that your I-94 has teh proper information before you leave the POE.

If I submit I102 with original I94, can I travel to India with notarized copy of I94?
    >>> If you are anyhow leaving the country, then there is no need to submit I102. Just return the I-94 when you leave.

Or should I submit notarized copy of I94 with I102 and surrender I94 when I leave USA?
    >>> Read the above answers.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

shervin143, Thank you very much for your quick reply.

As I have contacted CBP and they replied "You can leave the US, but it would be good to make a copy of the I-94 before you gives it to an airline agent. The officials at the US embassy will check your records before they issue a new H4 visa, and they may want to see the copy of the I-94. You should be OK if the rest of her information is correct, and USCIS made a mistake."

I have already made 4 copies of I94 and notorized it for my reference.

In my case there was a mistake by me and it was typeo, so should I submit I102 or thats fine?

Please reply.

Thanks for your time.

Comment

When you exit the country, all your I-94's should returned so that they will have proper exit records. Your best bet is to file for the replacement I-94 and leave after receiving it, so that you can return it on your exit. If not, by the time you are out of U.S, you may receive an I-94 and when you return back, you have to return it by post with all the other supporting documents like flight tickets, boarding passes, entry/exit records in the passport etc to prove that you were out of the country.

I-94 is not required for the visa stamping. The petition is what is important for the visa stamping.

Originally posted by myvisa08 View Post
        shervin143, Thank you very much for your quick reply.

As I have contacted CBP and they replied "You can leave the US, but it would be good to make a copy of the I-94 before you gives it to an airline agent. The officials at the US embassy will check your records before they issue a new H4 visa, and they may want to see the copy of the I-94. You should be OK if the rest of her information is correct, and USCIS made a mistake."

I have already made 4 copies of I94 and notorized it for my reference.

In my case there was a mistake by me and it was typeo, so should I submit I102 or thats fine?

Please reply.

Thanks for your time.
        Last edited by shervin143; 07-27-2011, 02:39 PM.

Comment

shervin143,

Thank you very much for your help.

You share really helpful information to me, I really appreciate it.

Thanks for your time.

Comment

I-94 is the arrival/departure record by DHS issued to aliens admitted to the US who are adjusting status or extending their stay in the US.

Returning an Uncollected Form I-94 Back to U.S. Customs and Border Protection

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X