X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-797B question

I-797B question

I-797B Question

I have received I797B Notice of Action mentioning Hyderabad consulate for Interview.
    & Its clearly mentioned that if I want to change it need to file I-824
    My company representative is telling me as my company exists in India with base in Tamilnadu
    You should go for Chennai Consulate & no need to file I-824 which is old system & now days you can go for any available consulate.
    Let me know that is true.

Comment

You can apply for your Visa at any US consulate/embassy.
      This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Documents Req

Appreciate your quick response & sorry to bother you again

I was working on L1 with company “A” for client 1, Applied H1 (in April) with Company “B” (US engineering service provider) for the same client 1 (Client name is not mentioned in Petition, but address is mentioned for work site)
        Went back to India & joined company “B” at India Office in May (Company “B” has office in India)
        Worked 2 months in India & came back for Business Visit for 2 months
        Received H1 B Petition approval as soon as I enter back in US mentioning -worker is ineligible for COS from L1 to H1 but Petition is approved.
        At the same time received denial notice for L2 to H4 for my wife. As she went back to India with me & does not have any status to process petition, she is still in India.
        Planning for stamping next month end
        Here are question’s
        1. Can I take her for H4 with me while going for stamping .
        2. What questions will be raised if she has denial H4 in system
        3. Is any additional supporting document required to show the consulate officer why it denied

1. Is client letter is required for me or contract between Employee & Client will work?
        2. I will have Approved petition, Purchase Order, Contract Between Employee & Client with all supporting document W2, Paystub US/India, etc…

Comment

1. Can I take her for H4 with me while going for stamping.
          >>> Yes.

2. What questions will be raised if she has denial H4 in system
          >>> No questions. H4 petition is not required to get the H4 visa stamped. Yuor I-797 approval notice is what is important.

3. Is any additional supporting document required to show the consulate officer why it denied
          >>> No. If asked just tell them that the candidate was not in U.S at that time and so the COS got denied. The COS to H4 or an H4 extension will be approved only if the individual is inside U.S.

1. Is client letter is required for me or contract between Employee & Client will work?
          >>> If possible carry both. Client letter is important these days. If you cannot get the client letter then yo can show the contract as the secondary proof.

2. I will have Approved petition, Purchase Order, Contract Between Employee & Client with all supporting document W2, Paystub US/India, etc…
          >>> Check the complete list here

https://www.immihelp.com/h4-visa-stamping-documents/
          Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X