Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1-B Transfer after RFE on H1-B Extension

Hi All,
    Need your valuable suggestion in the below case.

I am currently with Company 'A' on H1-B and my current I-94 is getting expired on 2-Sep-11.
    Company 'A' applied for my H1-B Extension on 2-May-11 and received a RFE on 28-Jul-11 and reply has not been filed yet.

Question:

Company 'B' wants to apply for H1-B Transfer in Premium Processing but the process is taking time and it can only be applied after my I-94 expires (2-Sep-11), it will be in bridge application, I think.

If the transfer is approved and comes first, what will happen if the Extension is denied later on?

Appreciate your help.

Search and read about bridging in immihelp. If the RFE is not responded to or if the RFE gets denied, then the bridge will break and the 2nd petition which is files as a bridge will get rejected too. If the approval of the 2nd petition comes first and then the 1st petition gets rejected, the brideg will break and you will have to exit the country and return back with a valid H1B visa and the petition from the new employer which will allow you to work for the new employer.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thank you for the reply.

That means, it really doesn't matter if my Transfer is approved or rejected. If the extension is denied, I need to go back. Is that so?

Do I need to stay in my home county for a specified amount of time for filing a new H1 petition for Employer B in that case? Or it can be started as soon as I leave US?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X