My H1B on 221(g), for additional administrative processing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My H1B on 221(g), for additional administrative processing

I attended H1B interview on April 21 in Chennai Consulate. My case has been refused on 221(g) stating that my case needs additional administrative processing. The visa officer said, they dont need any more information from me and I dont have to do anything. He further said that After the processing is over, the US Consulate will get it touch with me. My passport was returned back to me, but my original experience letters and copies of degree certificates and copies of marksheets have been retained.
    I come to know on reading this forum that it may take months for the US consulate to contact me.

1) Is there any way that I can get back my original experience certificates?

2) Aproximately how long does it take for the Consulate to contact us?

Anyone with similar experience, please share your thoughts / suggestions.

Hi,

Mine is similar case but was happened in Year 2000. They took One and Half year to get back. There is no way you can get your original exp.letters back from them.
    All you have to do is just wait.

Good Luck.

Comment

Hi Ronin,

Thank you very much for your valuable reply. So, its going to be a looong wait.
      Ronin, meanwhile, my current employer is about to sponsor me L1B visa. But I think, its better i dont proceed with L1B now. Coz, while I go for L1B interview, it will be very clear to the Visa officer that I already have a H1B on 221(g) refusal as they had marked that in the last page of my passport.

I request your valuable suggestion if I can go ahead with L1B processing or shall i keep things on hold for the next several months?

Once again I thank you and appreciate you a lot for sharing your experiences.

Comment

Dont worry

Hi

I attended the interview and got refused under 221(g) in the month of March, 2005. But later I sent the answers to them by mail and just last week i got a mail from the consulate saying my case was approved.

So pls wait till the time they mentioned in the form given to u (I beleive its 4 weeks). If u dont get any reply...then start sending mails to the consulate asking the status of ur case. They may follow it up.

In between if u want to get back ur exp letter also..send a mail to them.

All the best.

Logesh

Comment

Hi Logesh,

Thanks for your reply.
          For my case, the Visa officier said that there is no specific time frame within which the additional administrative processing will get complete. So, I guess, i will have to wait indefinitely.
          Anyway, as per your suggestion, I shall email and shall update this forum if anything turns out.

Regards,
          Nandha

Comment

Additional Admin Process

Hi,

I am a software engineer. In month of June I have been to the consulate in Chennai, India to get my H1 visa stamped, however I have been put under additional admin process. Before this they made me come to the consulate three different times for all sorts of paper work from the client. It has been now more than two months and I did not hear anything at all from the consulate so far. I am getting worried.

Can anyone tell me, how long is this process? When can I start contacting the consulate via phone/email for a status check? Is there anyway I can help myself in speeding this process? Can I meanwhile apply for another visa, say H1(through another company) or L1, is that possible?

The wait is frustrating, not knowing the time period this process might take? Please kindly give your thought. I appreciate any feedback on this in advance...

Thanks,

Comment

doubt about 221(g) aap

can anyone please clarify whether my understanding about 221(g) aap
              is right or wrong after reading what i think it is...

221(g) aap means they will provide a blue sheet asking for additional
              documents, and they return our passport, (if stamping done, they will
              take our passport, and post us our visa and passport), and then we can go to the consulate at any time within one year every tue,wed and thu between 10 and 12 in the morning without taking any prior appointment and show them the required documents after getting them..............

now from where does this waiting come from?

is 221(g) different from Additional Administrative Processing?

Comment

My H1b on 221(g), for additional administrative processing

I attended H1B interview on March 1st 2005 in Chennai Consulate. My case has been refused on 221(g) stating that my case needs additional administrative processing. The visa officer said, they dont need any more information from me and I dont have to do anything. He further said that After the processing is over, the US Consulate will get it touch with me. My passport was returned back to me, but my original experience letters and original degree certificates and original marksheets have been retained.
                I come to know on reading this forum that it may take months for the US consulate to contact me.

1) Is there any way that I can get back my original degree certificates and marksheets?

Anyone with similar experience, please share your thoughts / suggestions

Comment

additinal adminstrative process(221)g

I attended H1B interview on nov 27 2006 in Chennai Consulate. My case has been refused on 221(g) stating that my case needs additional administrative processing. The visa officer said, they dont need any more information from me and I dont have to do anything. He further said that After the processing is over, the US Consulate will get it touch with me. My passport was returned back to me, but my original experience letters have been retained.

1) Is there any way that I can get back my original experience certificates

Anyone with similar experience, please share your thoughts / suggestions

Comment

plz help me reg my 221(g)

please tell me the email id to know my case status and if any helpline numbers to check my status

Comment

221 g

Hi friends
                      I am yet another fly caught in the wrap of 221g today .They are asking for client details and original marksheets with exp letters to be dropped on the dropbox ...can anyone suggest what should i do considering the time they take to return the docs?
                      thanks

Comment

221g

Hi friends
                        I am yet another fly caught in the wrap of 221g today .They are asking for client details and original marksheets with exp letters to be dropped on the dropbox ...can anyone suggest what should i do considering the time they take to return the docs?
                        thanks

Comment

Strange Experience AAP ............

I was interviewed on December 2006 and after interview VO told me need AAP before issuing a visa which is done by DOS. So I think it will take max 2/3 weeks. But 1 months gone then I tried to call DOS and consulate twice/thrice a week and got the sweet …and frustrating word “Pending”. By this situation Eleven months gone but no result from consulate or DOS. I know how I pass that moment because I really don’t know how long they will take to complete my AAP. I really loose all my hope about visa. Hope who is suffered long long time like me will realize my situation. Anyway after a long long wait on November’07 Consulate called me to send my Passport and I drop my PP to consulate but amazingly after 3 days consulate return my passport without visa stamping and told me that they need further AAP.. That was really a frustrating situation for me. I lost all of my energy and hope, again I called to DOS and consulate but same result. Anyway on November 15th Consulate office called me to drop my passport again and after a long long wait I got my Visa at last.

So my opinion though I am not a lawyer but from my personal opinion that who is stuck for AAP they will definitely get visa if they don’t have any criminal or bad record.(maximum case done by 1 weeks to 2 months and some cases required one year or more like me)

Comment

B1 Visa.....

I had an interview on 05-Nov-2007 at US Visa Consulate in Mumbai, Interview went very well. At the last madam at the counter told me that “The Name looks to be in Common Name List and need to put in for Administrative processing” Gave me the yellow slip selecting the following:

“If you have been requested to wait until the Consulate contacts you, please do not make an appointment. Your case requires further administrative processing and the Consulate will contact you once this has been completed.”

I have sent them a mail...and the reply that I got it is "Awaiting result from Washington"......can anybody tell me how much time does it takes to get reply from Consulate on AAP for B1 Visa....

Regards,
                            Irfan

Comment

My VISA Case -

Hello Everyone,

I am one of the 'fortunate' to receive 221(g) in my first interview with Mumbai VO. I had attended my interview on 02nd Nov 2007. It went fine. However, i had been told that my case will be sent for 'Administrative Processing'.

For last 2 months, I have not got any response from Mumbai consulate. I had send them couple of mail, however not received any response from them.

I would like to consolidate all 221(g) case in Nov-2007, this will help everyone to see status of the cases. Hence request you to update your case

Mubin Shaikh - Interview date 02nd Nov 2007 - Till date waiting for update

thanks
                              -Mubin

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X