My H1B on 221(g), for additional administrative processing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@satish and 221Blue_29March,

My case is also similar. I went for visa stamping on March 21st 2011 and received a 221g for extra documents like paystubs for entire time, work itinerary etc. I submitted the complete set of requested documents on April 6th. Within a week I got an email stating that my application has been processed and my passport can be picked up. I opened the package and found my passport along with another blue slip saying additional administrative processing is required and the consulate will contact me once they are done with the processing.

I checked with a few lawyers and forums and it said that if they have returned the passport back and mentioned administrative processing, then it means that they have sent my application back to USCIS for revocation. Is this true or does it depend on a case-by-case basis?

Comment

I checked with a few lawyers and forums and it said that if they have returned the passport back and mentioned administrative processing, then it means that they have sent my application back to USCIS for revocation. Is this true or does it depend on a case-by-case basis?
      >>> If that was the case, you would have received a visa rejection letter with the reason for rejection. There are cases where they have returned the passports since it might take more time than usual to complete the admin processing. Once the admin process is completed and if it is successful, then they will send you a letter to return your passport to VFS for visa stamping.
      Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Is it advisable to check with the DOS for 221g cases(blue slip)? It is my 3rd week and I atleast want to know if my case has been returned to DOS for review or it is still with the Chennai consulate?

Comment

@arunreg:

in some other forums, it is said to wait until 90 days after the submission of docs. calling DOS in some forums, says nothing fruitful. they will say still pending processing.. so be patient for some more time...i know the frustration whenever a mail comes and how we feel if it is not from the consulate..hope and pray for the best for all of us..

Comment

One update. I got one set of docs returned today(paystubs and bank statement) from the consulate via courier. It didn't say anything other than my case number written on a sticky sheet on top of it. They have retained my client letter, vendor letter, PO, offer letter, etc with them.

I don't know what to infer from this other than that some kind of processing is going on and my case is alive.

Comment

Hi Guys, did anyone get approval from Chennai consulate after 221g blue additional admin processing?

I am in the same boat, I got my passport back exactly 3 weeks from June 20 when I dropped off the docs requested, without the stamp saying my case is under additional admin processing.

Comment

221G green slip in Chennai on May 24th, 2011

I attended the visa interview on may 24th, 2011 in chennai consulate. VO asked me about the project. I replied with correct answers. He has the doubt that my employer is not genuine. He said he need some additional documents by giving me the 221G green slip. I did not checked the slip at the counter. After coming out I saw the slip, I already have the documents which VO marked in the green slip. He asked for tax documents of Employer, offer letter of mine,all the contracts between client and employer. I submitted those docs on May 27th in the VFS center. The case ID is mentioned on the green slip. After 2 weeks I called to the Chennai consulate and asked the status of my case based on the ID, they said its under Additional Administrative Processing. After that I am calling every week to the consulate and I am getting the same answer from them that its under administrative processing. 2 months passed. I don't when I will hear from them.

Comment

Administrative Processing 221 G H1B Chennai Consulate Blue Slip

Me, my wife and my kid went to the Interview. i have been in in US for the past 5 years.My VISA is H1B and my green card is under processing.

This is my 3rd time stamping experience.Previous ones are so cool.but this time I have attended the interview on July 22nd in Chennai Consulate. VO asked me lot of questions about my Vendor and my Employer.i gave all the supporting documents.Then they have inquired in the separate room (Room No 13). I was really confused. Then one of the official asked me to write a sworn statement about my employer.I did with all the experiences.Then I gave almost recent 25 Pay stubs, I 797, I29, W-2 tax papers for three years, client letter, employer vendor agreement and so on.

Then VO issued the 221 G Blue slip " Additional administrative processing" required.My family's all documents and passports are still in the Chennai consulate.
                  I am daily tracking my passport but i received the same message"Your Passport is under process at U.S Embassy/Consulate".

Our passport and all the real documents are still in the consulate this my third week.Any one could you please share your suggestions regarding this case would be very much appreciated.
                  Last edited by My221g; 08-11-2011, 08:55 AM.

Comment

221g blue slip(AAP) on jan 3rd ( chennai consulate)

We (me and my wife on H4) went for H1 extension interview on Jan 3rd 2012 at chennai consulate
                    i got a blue slip 221g stating addl.admin processing!!
                    i am working in US for more than 6 years, has my GC in processing , had all the relevant H1 documents in the interview... very unfortunate i had to travel to india due to a personal emergency and now struck here with paying my home rent, insurance and other bills in the US. dont know what will happen to my job...
                    i had attended 3-4 visa interviews in the past and all were cool except this last one which was so horrible.. they questioned me for 45 minutes in two counters , asked me to sign a typed letter with the information i provided and was given a blue slip after that saying it will take 2-3 weeks and returned my passport.

Any help guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Hi

You wont find online information for 221 g Blue Additional Admin Processing cases of chennai consulate. You will have to wait for the consulate to contact you. I am also stuck with 221 g AAP. My interview was on 31st Oct 2011 and i have not heard anything from the consulate. Stay cool and be confident. Good Luck

Comment

Originally posted by immibv View Post
                        We (me and my wife on H4) went for H1 extension interview on Jan 3rd 2012 at chennai consulate
                        i got a blue slip 221g stating addl.admin processing!!
                        i am working in US for more than 6 years, has my GC in processing , had all the relevant H1 documents in the interview... very unfortunate i had to travel to india due to a personal emergency and now struck here with paying my home rent, insurance and other bills in the US. dont know what will happen to my job...
                        i had attended 3-4 visa interviews in the past and all were cool except this last one which was so horrible.. they questioned me for 45 minutes in two counters , asked me to sign a typed letter with the information i provided and was given a blue slip after that saying it will take 2-3 weeks and returned my passport.

Any help guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Hi, Mine also same case. I attended Interview on Jan 5th 2012 in Hyderabad consulate. VO asked around 20 quesiton on Client, Vendor, Employer and their relationship. He even ask my Health Insurance. Finally he signed on the all answers which i provided. VO said, he need to re-confirm all the answers and then he will get back to me.

Here is my email addresss : [email protected]

Comment

Hi

Hi IMMIBV
                          Do you have nay update on your case? Please keep us posted, I am on the same boat.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                          X