Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Documents required for H4 Visa stamping.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Documents required for H4 Visa stamping.

I am working on H1B visa and now I am planning to call my family to USA.
    I want to know the process that I need to follow for processing their Visa (H4).
    Is there any document that I need to send from here for the Visa stamping?
    Also,let me know do I need to send any original document of mine.
    Please let me know the process.

They need to get their H4 visa stamped based on your original H1B approval notice and when approved, they can travel to U.S. At the POE they need to show your original H1B approval notice and they will get a I-94 matching the expiry date of your approval notice. Make sure their passports are valid for more than a year. Check the below link for the list of documents required for H4 stamping.

In addition, do send them your employment verification letter from your employer and a client letter if you are working at the client location.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
      They need to get their H4 visa stamped based on your original H1B approval notice and when approved, they can travel to U.S. At the POE they need to show your original H1B approval notice and they will get a I-94 matching the expiry date of your approval notice. Make sure their passports are valid for more than a year. Check the below link for the list of documents required for H4 stamping.

In addition, do send them your employment verification letter from your employer and a client letter if you are working at the client location.
      Does the dependent necessarily carry the original I797? or as mentioned in the link in htis thread a copy is fine as officer can pull up info on PIMS? The vfs redirected site's call center agent said ONLY original is acceptable? Is the information in this thread current as of 2013?

Comment

Originally posted by gr8myth View Post
        Does the dependent necessarily carry the original I797? or as mentioned in the link in htis thread a copy is fine as officer can pull up info on PIMS? The vfs redirected site's call center agent said ONLY original is acceptable? Is the information in this thread current as of 2013?
        A copy is fine.
        This is my opinion. Not a legal advice

Comment

Originally posted by happybuddha View Post
          A copy is fine.
          Appreciate the help.

Comment

H4 Documents Insufficient

Hello Everyone,

I came to US by Oct end 2014 on a H1B Visa.

I came through a consultant, who will give salaray once i get a project / placed.

I started working from Jan 1st week here in US and I have the Pay stubs from January till now.

also I do not have a W2 for 2014, Eventhough i came here in Oct End 2014 and i was not paid in 2014.

Now i am planning apply for a H4 Visa to my family by mid of March. So my Questions is...

1. Will the Visa Officer ask my wife for my W2, Since my Date of Entry was in Oct 2014 and i am supposed to be paid from the first day.
            2. What my wife can explain to VO in case of questions around my W2.
            3. Since i am planning to schedule the interview in Mid of March, how many Pay slips i would be needed ? By that time, I should be having 3 or 4 payslips.

Kindly suggest me / help me on this. Thank you !!!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X