H1 blue slip from Mumbai with comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @abhi
    In my case too they asked to submit all documents which were marked on 221g again. I submitted them on 15th and then again on 19th Jan.
    Your case is renewal?
    Did your employer checked the status with DOS?

Comment

• @Sandeep

Mine case is Fresh Applicant.
      My employer did the congressional inquiry through senators...
      From senators he came to know that they are still awaiting submission of documents
      as per 221g letter.

Comment

• @abhi1985

I submitted my documents on 23rd Dec at VFS-ahmedabad also. I also havent heard anything from Mumbai Consulate after submitting my documents. Did they misplace my documents also?

how your employer did the inquiry regarding the status of ur visa application? Can you please tell me so i can ask my employer to do inquiry for my visa application too?

Originally posted by abhi1985 View Post
        @Sandeep

Mine case is Fresh Applicant.
        My employer did the congressional inquiry through senators...
        From senators he came to know that they are still awaiting submission of documents
        as per 221g letter.

Comment

• Got a 221g green form after 221g blue form

Hi

I had my interview on Jan 4th at chennai consulate and received a 221g form for addition administration process and had taken my passport. They had kept my original I797, I129 and LCA. Now they had returned my passport along with another green form asking for these documents again. Did anyone had similar situation. Should I send my passport. Can anyone give guidance on what I have to do. Also they mentioned to submit other documents on reverse side of the form but nothing was checked at the back. Should I submit all the documents in the back?

Thanks
          Nirupa

Comment

• @hpatel..

Ask your employer to contact the local senators regarding your case....
            It might works..

Comment

• @hpatel & Sandeep...

Did you guys receive any kind of updates from Consulate Mumbai...

Comment

• @abhi
                No updates.
                How long you are waiting?

Comment

• Almost one and half month.

Originally posted by sandeepiitm View Post
                  @abhi
                  No updates.
                  How long you are waiting?

Comment

• 221g yellow form

Hi all,

I came across this blog while searching for information on 221g. I am also waiting for about 2 months now for the visa clearance.

I interviewed at Mumbai consulate on December 7th and was handed a yellow 221g form for administrative processing.

I have not been asked to submit any documents by the consular officer and have not received any email yet to submit additional documents or passport at VFS.

Are there any similar cases like mine? It would be good to share information with you guys at this forum.

-Piyush

Comment

• Hi Piyush,

Your case is exactly as mine. Please review how did I get my visa process done.

H1-B Visa Stamping First Time
                      Direct Employment

29th Nov 2011- Visa Interview at Mumbai. VO gave yellow 221g slip and no documents asked

Kept monitoring CEAC barcode on the list but it never appeared.

27th Jan 2012 - Got a call from consulate to submit the passport for stamping. I submitted on 27th itself

31st Jan 2012 - Visa is stamped

1st Feb 2012 - Passport received by Blue Dart

Comment

• i am also waiting for a reply

Documents submission date : 3rd Jan 2012
                        Interview date : 7th Dec 2011
                        New application
                        EVC model

not heard anything yet.

Comment

• Me too waiting for the reply

Documents submitted on : 27 Dec
                          Interview date : 19 Dec

New Application

No reply yet

Comment

• Hi guys,

I had my visa interview on 20th Dec 2011 at the Mumbai Consulate. Got a blue 221g requesting 4 docs from the Employer section. My employer submitted these docs on 2nd Jan '12. In my case, my employer has even submitted my passport along with the docs. Not sure if this is the norm, but they do it for all such cases. I havent received any info from the consulate yet. Mine is an E-V model.

One question: The US consulate case status .pdf which they update on their website -- does this include 221g Blue form case updates as well? I thought i had read somewhere that they do not include 221g Blue form cases and that there is no way to track such cases. Please let me know if this is true.

Comment

• Hello All,
                              Finally I received the email from US Consulate Mumbai, asking me to submit my passport. From October 27, 2011 - February 1, 2012. I think this is it and if everything else goes smoothly, hopefully, they have cleared me and ready to issue me the much awaited visa.
                              I went over and submitted my passport yesterday. Even though they do not mention in the email, a copy of I-797 (H1_B) is also required while submitting the passport. This is in addition to the 221g form with the envelope.
                              Will keep posted

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Dear Sir:

Greetings from the Nonimmigrant Visa Section of U.S. Consulate General Mumbai.
                              Please follow the instructions below in order to continue processing your pending visa application further.

Your visa is ready for final processing. Please submit your passport, pending letter and the courier envelope to the Consulate General. Also, please carry a copy of this email for ready reference.

Please note that this email communication does not confirm that your visa is issued at this time.
                              --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• H1B Visa hold 221g Blue slip

Hello Everyone,
                                I gave my new H1B stamping interview on 3rd Jan 2012. I got a 221G blue slip with a list of additional documents to be submitted. The requested documents are as follows:
                                1)A copy of the petition with all supporting documents as filed to USCIS
                                2)A Letter from the personnel department at the US job site stating that there is a vacancy for you.
                                3)A detailed and specific description of the internal development project to which you will be assigned (include a complete technical description).. marketing analysis etc. etc
                                4) Photographs of the workplace.

I am having a really tough time first of all because my Employer took a hell lot of time to gather all these documents. Also Ideally I was supposed to submit these documents to VFS counsulate of mumbai. However my Employer just informed me that they cannot send these documents to me as they are confidential so they have directly mailed it to VFS mumbai.
                                First of all I am not sure if the Employer allowed to send documents directly in such cases?
                                How will I come to know once my documents are approved? Will I see my Application CEAC no on the website? or they will email me?

Guys if you have any inputs please help me.. It would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
                                Maulik

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X