H1 blue slip from Mumbai with comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
    Thanks for your reply. We have already given original 221(g) to VFS along with other 221(g) documents. Can we submit a copy of same?
    >>> A copy will do.

I called VFS and they said you can purchase envelope from any stationary shop. So no return address and no stamps on the envelope?
    >>> Check with VFS. Usually people get this directly from VFS. You would have already paid the VFS processing fee.
    I called VFS and the representative told me to buy an A4 size envelope by myself. He didn't sound confident about whether to put address and stamp on envelope or not.
    Do you have any idea?

Comment

• Is sending these documents by courier ok?

Originally posted by SmileBaba View Post
      I called VFS and the representative told me to buy an A4 size envelope by myself. He didn't sound confident about whether to put address and stamp on envelope or not.
      Do you have any idea?
      Is sending these documents by courier ok? Anyone?

Comment

• Originally posted by abhi1985 View Post
        I received e-mail from [email protected] around about 4:13 PM.
        Hay man! congratulaions on your visa stampimg. I believe you went to Mumbai consulate for submitting passport, pending letter and courier envelop.
        Does VFS mumbai provide courier envelop? If not then did you write your return address on the envelop and stick stamps to it?
        And is copy of 221(g) ok? because original 221(g) was already submitted.
        Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Waiting since december

Congratulations to all who have recently received positive responses from the consulate. I have been waiting since 7th December and yet no response. There are only few people like me who have been waiting for last 4 months. So people who have been waiting since december, please update this thread once you hear back from consulate or see your CEAC barcode number online.

Comment

• You just need to submit your passport,Copy of 221g & Copy of I-797.
            VFS people will provide you the courier envelop.
            You need to pay 183 RS for courier charges.

Originally posted by SmileBaba View Post
            Hay man! congratulaions on your visa stampimg. I believe you went to Mumbai consulate for submitting passport, pending letter and courier envelop.
            Does VFS mumbai provide courier envelop? If not then did you write your return address on the envelop and stick stamps to it?
            And is copy of 221(g) ok? because original 221(g) was already submitted.
            Thanks in advance.

Comment

You just need to submit your passport,Copy of 221g & Copy of I-797.
              Thanks! Did VFS accepted copy of I-797 to be submitted? The reason why I am asking because the email doesn't ask to submit copy of 797.

Comment

• Hi!

Originally posted by orion06 View Post
                Yippee! Received my passport few minutes back! On top of the world!!
                Good luck to everyone!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
                Recap:
                ----------------------------------------------------------------------
                27 OCT: Enter India. Celebrate Diwali with family after three years.
                15 NOV: H1b petition approved
                ---Embassy moves to BKC from Mahalaxmi. No immediate dates available.---
                2 DEC: Interview. Receive Blue 221g
                6 JAN: Receive docs from employer. But upon inspection I see missing signatures.
                18 JAN: New docs arrive from employer
                19 JAN: Submit docs at embassy
                ---waiting---email vfs 3 thrice---called them twice---
                28 MARCH: Receive email to submit Passport. CEAC code never appears online.
                29 MARCH: Submit passport
                30 MARCH: Receive package from Bluedart. Heart in the mouth. Contains Yellow 221g and submitted docs, asking for passport
                3 APRIL: Finally passport in hands
                Hi Orion! I will appreciate if you can share your passport submitting experience with us. Did you submit passport at VFS mumbai? What other documents did you submit? Did you submit any fee? What about courier envelope?

Blueguy: I'll appreciate your response as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by SmileBaba View Post
                  Hi Orion! I will appreciate if you can share your passport submitting experience with us. Did you submit passport at VFS mumbai? What other documents did you submit? Did you submit any fee? What about courier envelope?

Blueguy: I'll appreciate your response as well.

@Smile****
                  I submitted my passport as recently as last week and received the stamp as well.

abhi has very perfectly answered you queries:
                  You just need to submit your passport, Copy of 221g & Copy of I-797.

Also, take your green HDFC receipt as well.

Good luck to you.

Comment

• @Vishal416

Today, I have submitted my Passport at VFS ahmedabad for stamping.
                    In how many days should I expect to get my passport back with VISA stamped.

Comment

• Originally posted by vishal416 View Post
                      @Smile****
                      I submitted my passport as recently as last week and received the stamp as well.

abhi has very perfectly answered you queries:
                      You just need to submit your passport, Copy of 221g & Copy of I-797.

Also, take your green HDFC receipt as well.

Good luck to you.
                      Thanks! Did you also submit HDFC fee receipt? Or VFS people asked to show receipt?

Comment

• Originally posted by SmileBaba View Post
                        Thanks! Did you also submit HDFC fee receipt? Or VFS people asked to show receipt?
                        just show it to them.

Comment

@Vishal416

Today, I have submitted my Passport at VFS ahmedabad for stamping.
                          In how many days should I expect to get my passport back with VISA stamped.

I submitted the passport on monday, got a confirmation on Thursday and got the courier on friday.

Comment

• Received Email from Mumbai Consulate

HI Guys,

I have received an email today form Mumbai consulate today

(Greetings from the Nonimmigrant Visa Section of U.S. Consulate General Mumbai.

Please follow the instructions below in order to continue processing your pending visa application further.

We are ready for final processing. Please submit your passport, pending letter and the courier envelope to the Consulate General via any of the VFS offices. Please carry a copy of this email for ready reference.

Please note that this email communication does not confirm that your visa is issued at this time. )

My Case :
                            Feb 16th : Attended Visa Interview In Mumbai Consulate and received 221g Blue
                            March 12th : Submitted all the documents in VFS Hyderabad
                            April 9th : Received email from Mumbai consulate to submit passport

COULD YOU PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF THIS A POSITIVE SIGN ?? DID ANTYOF YOU GUYS HAD SIMILAR SITUATION??

Thanks

Sriyans

Comment

• Congrats

Congrats Sriyans
                              This is good news just go and submit your passport with copy of you 221(g) and 797
                              All the best

Originally posted by rsriyans View Post
                              HI Guys,

I have received an email today form Mumbai consulate today

(Greetings from the Nonimmigrant Visa Section of U.S. Consulate General Mumbai.

Please follow the instructions below in order to continue processing your pending visa application further.

We are ready for final processing. Please submit your passport, pending letter and the courier envelope to the Consulate General via any of the VFS offices. Please carry a copy of this email for ready reference.

Please note that this email communication does not confirm that your visa is issued at this time. )

My Case :
                              Feb 16th : Attended Visa Interview In Mumbai Consulate and received 221g Blue
                              March 12th : Submitted all the documents in VFS Hyderabad
                              April 9th : Received email from Mumbai consulate to submit passport

COULD YOU PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF THIS A POSITIVE SIGN ?? DID ANTYOF YOU GUYS HAD SIMILAR SITUATION??

Thanks

Sriyans

Comment

• So, I finally reach the US. Today was the first day of work all over again. This is my last post. Signing out. Good luck to all!!!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X