Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no harm no foul

@ Mayur25 & all

At this point of time contacting a senator is not going to hurt me. I have waited for 4 mths and need to try all possible avenues.
    Over the phone when i spoke to one of the senator's office the staff person concerned said," For 221-G we cant help as the department has its own process and it needs to be followed."

anyways try and try until u succeed.

Comment

• Question to all who are waiting due to 221(g)

- Not sure if the client can wait so long. In case, client don't want to you to continue with the assignment, what will happen to the 221g case ? Is it assumed that if it happens, the visa may get eventually rejected , as if Consulate verifies with the client and will find that the person is not more required.

Comment

• No Good News

No Good News from folks on this forumn yet. I am waiting from March 14th Documents submitted on April 4th No news from consulate God knows how long this will take?

Originally posted by TheDarkHorse View Post
        Question to all who are waiting due to 221(g)

- Not sure if the client can wait so long. In case, client don't want to you to continue with the assignment, what will happen to the 221g case ? Is it assumed that if it happens, the visa may get eventually rejected , as if Consulate verifies with the client and will find that the person is not more required.

Comment

• @damiendevlon,

No not yet. But have been waiting for so long that I have most of the information. I will complete 5 months this 20th.

Comment

• To blue221

To Blue221,

Hi..

Can you please look my case and tell me abt ur opinion...

Went for H1B interview : 20 Dec 2011.. handed over 221g blue form
            submitted all docs what they have asked in form on 19 Jan 2012..
            after i had called and sent mail to mumbai consulate..
            and finally i got the mail from US mumbai NIV...on 12 April 2012
            submit the photographs of your US company and work location..
            i had submitted on 3 May 2012...
            waiting for mail from US mumbai consulate about update of my case..

so what do u think ..is this a positive sign for my case..and how long will it take time to complete
            the process..?

Pls share with me if you have any idea ..that would be helpful ..

Thanks a lot!
            regards,

Originally posted by blue221 View Post
            Hi Guys,

I have been a victim of 221(g) blue slip and was going through this forum for reference during this time..I finally recieved my ppt stamped and wanted to share with you all my history.
            I came India on three weeks vacation but unfortunately held up here due to 221(g).
            I was just asked by VO in interview whether my client assigns me work. First I gave an indirect answer saying we all work as a IT team including Client and My company employees. Then he again asked same question for Yes or No. I replied Yes. That was enough for him to hand me a 221(G) blue slip. Here is my history :

Interview date - 31st Jan,2012 : Handed blue slip by Mumbai Consulate
            Docs submitted: 13th Feb,2012
            Recieve email from Consulate to submit ppt : 25th April, 2012
            Submitted PPT : 26th April,2012
            Stamped PPt recieved on : 3rd May,2012

Mine is Big employer having E-C model. During this time, sent so many emails to VFS, called DOS but I dont think it of any use. We just need to patient.
            I know its really difficult wait time for all of us..but I hope and pray for all to get it cleared.
            Please let me know if you have questions and I will be happy to help in any way or other

Thanks

Comment

• golden email received today

Finally today received golden email from the consulate to submit passport. Almost after 6 months of exile.

Dear Sir:

Greetings from the Nonimmigrant Visa Section of U.S. Consulate General Mumbai.

Please follow the instructions below in order to continue processing your pending visa application further.

We are ready for final processing. Please submit your passport, pending letter and the courier envelope to the Consulate General via any of the VFS offices. Please carry a copy of this email for ready reference.

Please note that this email communication does not confirm that your visa is issued at this time.

Thank you,

Regards

Mumbai NIV/vd

Comment

• Congrates Sandy

Congrates Sandy,

This is really good. I wonder for six months what did the do with ur documents

What kind of model do u work in EC EVC or Full Time Big comany or Full time small companh lets u know

Originally posted by sandy1380 View Post
                Finally today received golden email from the consulate to submit passport. Almost after 6 months of exile.

Dear Sir:

Please follow the instructions below in order to continue processing your pending visa application further.

We are ready for final processing. Please submit your passport, pending letter and the courier envelope to the Consulate General via any of the VFS offices. Please carry a copy of this email for ready reference.

Please note that this email communication does not confirm that your visa is issued at this time.

Thank you,

Regards

Mumbai NIV/vd

Comment

• @sandy1380

Congrats for the email.

I am not so lucky I got a letter in my mail box that my case has been sent back to USCIS for review, so my wait has been extended for how long is a very big question. I dont know what they are upto after keeping me waiting for 5months they send my papers back to USCIS, its a big joke.

@blueslip

I had read that your papers were sent back to USCIS, did you here anything from them yet or you are still waiting?

Comment

• samchava

Sorry to hear about your case. Can you tell me which model you work in EVC or EC

Originally posted by samchava;27

@sandy1380

Congrats for the email.

I am not so lucky I got a letter in my mail box that my case has been sent back to USCIS for review, so my wait has been extended for how long is a very big question. I dont know what they are upto after keeping me waiting for 5months they send my papers back to USCIS, its a big joke.

@blueslip

I had read that your papers were sent back to USCIS, did you here anything from them yet or you are still waiting?

Comment

• Originally posted by sandy1380 View Post

Dear Sir:

Thank you,

Regards

Mumbai NIV/vd
                      Congratulation sandy1380. Have a safe trip back home

Comment

• Originally posted by samchava View Post
                        @sandy1380

Congrats for the email.

@blueslip

Sorry to hear about ur case @samchava. Hope that ur case gets cleared by USCIS.

Comment

• You all will get good news...

Hi all,
                          I am back to USA after going through wait period of 3 months after getting 221g blue slip from Mumbai.
                          I wish you all to get the good news soon. I believe that if your documents are good, they will need to give you VISA today or tomorrow.

Believe in GOD and have little more patience.

Comment

• @irb42 and @blue_wait

I am on EVC model. In my case my client manager was contacted twice for my verification and also to figure out the employee-employer relationship and the second time the set of questions asked to my manager should have been asked to my employer or my middle vendor but they were asked to my manager.

Comment

• Hi,
                              Update:
                              I rcvd email to submit passport on 8th May after going through 221g(blue) waiting game. I submitted PP at VFS-Pune on 10th May. Since then I am waiting for Passport with stamp. Don't know how many more days it will take. Today is 5th working day.

Comment

• Congrates ashishkp Hope you will mostly get your passport soon

My interview was details are

Interview March 14th 2012
                                Receive 2 slips 1) yellow 2) Blue

Submitted all the documents on 4th April 2012 No communication from consulate from that time. It been really painful wait now.

Originally posted by ashishkp View Post
                                Hi,
                                Update:
                                I rcvd email to submit passport on 8th May after going through 221g(blue) waiting game. I submitted PP at VFS-Pune on 10th May. Since then I am waiting for Passport with stamp. Don't know how many more days it will take. Today is 5th working day.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X