X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sandy1380,

Did got ur passport back

Originally posted by sandy1380 View Post
    I submitted my passport at VFS Mumbai today afternoon. Keeping my fingers crossed

@lrb42
    Mine is Full time small company.

@samchava
    sorry to hear that. But still dont lose hope. its just around the corner. Have patience.

@all the folks waiting for an update including ppl who were interviewed in december.
    Just keep the faith in the almighty and be patient. Things would eventually work out.

Comment

• @lrb42
      I got an email on 18th evening that my passport was ready for pickup. But i couldnt make it to VFS Mumbai before 17:30 to pickup. So they will be dispatching it via Blue Dart courier to my house. Anxiously waiting for it to arrive by the weekend.

@ashishkp
      This is unexplicable. But I guess you jst need to submit the docs asked in the yellow form. And then they will update ur case number on that case status report link. This should not take more time now.

Originally posted by lrb42 View Post
      sandy1380,

Did got ur passport back

Comment

• @ashishkp

Well dont worry the .. cancellation is only for VISA that is not current anymore.This is a common practice these days by the consulates .. you dont need to think any different. just make sure you submit the asked documents

soon i am gonna upload templates of what needs to be submitted .. and how i submitted my documents .. so that others can benefit from this.

please remember

FASTER SUBMITION == FASTER PROCESSING

Comment

• @ashishkp @sandy

any updates ?? ...

Comment

• sandy1380;,

sandy1380;,

Have you got your visa stamped ?

@lrb42
            I got an email on 18th evening that my passport was ready for pickup. But i couldnt make it to VFS Mumbai before 17:30 to pickup. So they will be dispatching it via Blue Dart courier to my house. Anxiously waiting for it to arrive by the weekend.

@ashishkp
            This is unexplicable. But I guess you jst need to submit the docs asked in the yellow form. And then they will update ur case number on that case status report link. This should not take more time now.

Comment

• Passport collected with visa stamp

I collected my passport today from VFS Mumbai in the afternoon... once I got the envelop, the only thing which i wanted to see was the H1-B visa stamp. And I didnt get disappointed.

Recap of events:
              Dec 9th 2011: Interview at US-Consulate Mumbai and received 221g blue form.
              Dec 13th 2011: Submitted documents at VFS Mumbai
              Called up VFS Helpline, DOS n number of times, sent email to vfs info many times but no meaningful updates.
              May 15th 2012: Received email from [email protected] to submit passport.
              May 16th 2012: Submitted passport and asked them to hold it at VFS center. (If you ask them to hold your passport at their facility, they wont dispatch it via courier)
              May 21st 2012: Collected passport with valid visa stamping from VFS mumbai.

For all the folks who are waiting for 221g processing:
              Dont give up as yet. This is just a patience game and u will get out of it soon. I'll pray for all the folks who are waiting in this dreaded sea of 221g admin processing.

sandy1380;,

Have you got your visa stamped ?

Comment

• to lrb42

Hi lrb42,

Could you please telll me what u have asked to DOS? and for u what was ur case..(which form they gave u)

bcoz just wanted to know ...mine is same h1b 221g case..and waiting for since Jan.2012..
                that time i had submitted all docs and after that i got mail from mumbai consulate ..to submit the photographs..then i had also submitted photographs and ..waiting for positive reply!..

shud i call to DOS and what shuld i ask abt my case..?

pls put ur inputs..it would be helpful ..for others..

Thanks,

Called DOS (202-663-1225) today and they said that consulate will ask me soon to submit my passport. God know how much more time will they take now to send me an email and stamped my passport.

Comment

• congrates sandy

Sandy1380,

Thats a great news I submitted my passport on 18th May. I am expecting an email today so lets see how it goes.

I collected my passport today from VFS Mumbai in the afternoon... once I got the envelop, the only thing which i wanted to see was the H1-B visa stamp. And I didnt get disappointed.

Recap of events:
                  Called up VFS Helpline, DOS n number of times, sent email to vfs info many times but no meaningful updates.
                  May 16th 2012: Submitted passport and asked them to hold it at VFS center. (If you ask them to hold your passport at their facility, they wont dispatch it via courier)

Dont give up as yet. This is just a patience game and u will get out of it soon. I'll pray for all the folks who are waiting in this dreaded sea of 221g admin processing.

Comment

• Pinto,

First call them and press 3. A represnatative will come on call. Give your passport number and ask him/her if there is any documents that consulate is waiting from your side. Second tell them you have submitted the photos on so and so date have consulate received it, They will be able to tell u all this infomration

Originally posted by pintoo View Post
                    Hi lrb42,

Could you please telll me what u have asked to DOS? and for u what was ur case..(which form they gave u)

bcoz just wanted to know ...mine is same h1b 221g case..and waiting for since Jan.2012..
                    that time i had submitted all docs and after that i got mail from mumbai consulate ..to submit the photographs..then i had also submitted photographs and ..waiting for positive reply!..

shud i call to DOS and what shuld i ask abt my case..?

pls put ur inputs..it would be helpful ..for others..

Thanks,

Comment

• I was silent observer in this thread. Now its my turn to boost morale of other guys. My old h1 went to USCIS for further review in May 11. Now my Indian company(BEP) applied for fresh H1 and got blue 221g in Dec 2011. We are genuine company with genuine client project really I am working on. We submitted all docs in one week of time. After 6-7 week got email to submit passport. I got shocked because I received my passport with one more 221g and without stamp . We submitted require docs immediately.In 3-4 days of time received email from consulate to submit docs in details. Again we have submitted all require docs immediately. After 6-7 week. At this time my old petition got reaffirm .Also I got email to submit passport and received with proper stamp for latest H1.

I think if your company/client is genuine most of the case officer will give you visa after check. Always trust god and believe in you that you will get it for sure which is very tough but try.

I am also helpful to immihelp and specially Sherwin who provides perfect guideline very quickly.
                      I will also pray for other guys and hope you will get what you waiting for.

Comment

• Originally posted by sandy1380 View Post

Recap of events:

Congratulations Sandy.
                        Wish u a safe trip back to US!
                        Waiting since December 30th. God knows how much more to wait.
                        Is anyone else waiting since December?

Comment

• jayHanuman

I submitted my passport on 18th May in VFS Pune Havent heared anything after that god knows how much more time i need to wait. I got email to submit my passport on 17tth May No notificatiin after that. I hope I do not get one more 221g now

Originally posted by jayHanuman View Post
                          I was silent observer in this thread. Now its my turn to boost morale of other guys. My old h1 went to USCIS for further review in May 11. Now my Indian company(BEP) applied for fresh H1 and got blue 221g in Dec 2011. We are genuine company with genuine client project really I am working on. We submitted all docs in one week of time. After 6-7 week got email to submit passport. I got shocked because I received my passport with one more 221g and without stamp . We submitted require docs immediately.In 3-4 days of time received email from consulate to submit docs in details. Again we have submitted all require docs immediately. After 6-7 week. At this time my old petition got reaffirm .Also I got email to submit passport and received with proper stamp for latest H1.

I think if your company/client is genuine most of the case officer will give you visa after check. Always trust god and believe in you that you will get it for sure which is very tough but try.

I am also helpful to immihelp and specially Sherwin who provides perfect guideline very quickly.
                          I will also pray for other guys and hope you will get what you waiting for.

Comment

• I see my passport is dispatched today. I hope I am not getting any 221g O god help me

jayHanuman

I submitted my passport on 18th May in VFS Pune Havent heared anything after that god knows how much more time i need to wait. I got email to submit my passport on 17tth May No notificatiin after that. I hope I do not get one more 221g now

Comment

• Finally Got the Visa

Called DOS on 202-663-1225 and they told me that my wife's visa has been issued. So hopefully I will also got the visa sine I am an H1 and she is H4 I couldnt get my status as I did not had my new passport number Just waiting desparately to get my passport back

I see my passport is dispatched today. I hope I am not getting any 221g O god help me

Comment

• 221g Blue form from Chennai - 12January12

Hi Guys,

I have been a silent reader in this forum and I guess I cant control anymore from showing up the frustration. It has been almost 5 months and no luck at alllllllllll

here is quick recap -

Jan 13 Visa intervieww@chennai consulate
                                more than 45 min ofinterview in 2 sessions around 20 mins each
                                asked to sign a draft with all the facts answered when questioned
                                gave a 221g blue form as a token of appreciation i gues
                                NO documents asked to submit

and then its just WAIT WAIT and WAIT.....tried mails to VFS, called DOS, have not heard anything other than the word "Pending"

Regards
                                Karthik

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X