H1 blue slip from Mumbai with comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 221GonH1b View Post
    I think ur VISA officer may take maximum of upto 2 months( 60 working days) to review ur case to grant/deny the visa, from the date they received ur documents mentioned on 221G. If the VISA officer deny the VIS due to any reason, they will send it back to DOS/respective USCIS office

Did u guys at least received any mail by post from National Visa Center ( MUMBAI/DELHI) stating ur case has been returned back to the Kentucky Consular Center in the United States or something like that?? If yes, u can check the status of ur H1B petition of your case on their website.
    View case status online using your receipt number, which can be found on notices that you may have received from USCIS. Also, sign up for Case Status Online to: . Receive automatic case status updates by email or text message, . View your case history and upcoming case activities, . Check the status of multiple cases and inquiries that you may have submitted to USCIS

Your H1B petition number should starts with EAC/WAC/LIN/SRC

Mostly it shows the status as Post decision activity for returned cases, which it self may take up to maximum of 6 months( freaking long time !!)
    Dear Sir,

I have not received any communication in any form as on date.Is there any mode where by I can get the same.

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Vedika View Post
      Dear Sir,

I have not received any communication in any form as on date.Is there any mode where by I can get the same.

Thanks
      Thanks for providing the link.My status is "Post Decision Activity".

Comment

• Out of 221g Blue ....

Its my turn to share some experience ..sorry for delayed response ...Guys here is my story ..

Visa Interview - March 1st week.
        EVC Model
        Visa Renewal
        approval - after 2.5 months

The VO scrutinized me for 25 minutes asked several questions including E-E relationship - client name, who assigns daily tasks,how many employee's at client side, reporting manager offsite/onsite, how often comes to on site, who install s/w at client side etc.... Asked me to affidavit of my answers and asked me to sign on it ...Then I was sure I will get 221g ...and it was 221g blue .... at that moment I feels like everything is falling down .... Tried to keep my moral up, but not sure how much successful I was ...it was all the time thought about 221g ....

Note - Tried calling/sending email VFS/DOS several times ... No use at all ... I would recommend don't call them frequently it of no use...Later tried with Senator as well but still the same response ... "ITS IN ADMIN PROCESSING" ..... If you are very lucky with 221blue it may be resolved in 1 month otherwise count minimum 3.5 to 4 month on average case or else 6-12 months in worst case ..... I could say if you are stuck there or planing to go for visa stamping have a back up plan ready, in the sense take care of things in USA (rent, car,bills etc.) and search an opportunity in India if you stuck there ... One important thing I would like to give you guys to utilize the time as much as you can for other things (which I couldn't do much because I was stuck in 221g black hole all the time ) like brush up your skills, certifications, health, spend time with family & friends .... Pray for god... I know its the uncertainty that kills the most of us ... but with my experience if your case is genuine & you have supported your case with proper documentation, 80% of the time you will get the visa sooner or later .... Don't sit idle occupy yourself with something ... I read one nice book during that time its "The monk who sold his ferrari" ...

I am hoping and praying to you guys who are waiting due to 221g will come out soon and will get the visa ...and this experience will make you even stronger and may change your approach to look towards the life, self, people, situation in a good way... its the testing phase, don't give the situation to take control of yours ...

All the Best !!!

Comment

Thanks for providing the link.My status is "Post Decision Activity".

When did they Receive your case?? Is it less than6th months or more than that ??

I guess allthe 221g cases will show the status as Post decision activity and they have Second priority when compared to new petitions.

and not sure how long will it take for the process!!

Comment

When did they Receive your case?? Is it less than6th months or more than that ??

I guess allthe 221g cases will show the status as Post decision activity and they have Second priority when compared to new petitions.

and not sure how long will it take for the process!!
            Well I got interviewed in Dec'11 second week and my case got scrutnised in March'12.

Thanks

Comment

Well I got interviewed in Dec'11 second week and my case got scrutnised in March'12.

Thanks
              Do you mean they got the client verification on March'12 Or did u submit the documents requested on 221g on March 12 ?

Why did it take so long time for USCIS to receive your case If you had visa interview on Dec'11??

Comment

Do you mean they got the client verification on March'12 Or did u submit the documents requested on 221g on March 12 ?

Why did it take so long time for USCIS to receive your case If you had visa interview on Dec'11??
                hi, i have attended interview in second week of dec'11 and submitted the documents in last week if Dec'11.thanks

Comment

• @221GonH1b

Originally posted by 221GonH1b View Post

Hey there,
                  I am also in the same boat, stuck since December 2011 first week from New Delhi embassy...! In my case after submitting requested documents client verification was done around end of Feb.'12... They mentioned that everything looks fine and they will send their report back to the consulate..( Have not heard anything positive till today..!!!). I am just surprised and so tensed because they have not reached to any decision yet even after positive employer verification..!!??? As per Department of State my case is still with the consulate, its not sent back to USCIS..! My passport is also with the consulate after my interview..! Its been 9 months, i do not understand what procedure they are doing???!!!! Moreover around 6 employees from my company got their stamping done from India after i got stuck with 221g..!!! Please share your opinion/advice, I would really appreciate it..!
                  Thanks
                  Regards

Comment

• Originally posted by TheDarkHorse View Post
                    Its my turn to share some experience ..sorry for delayed response ...Guys here is my story ..

Visa Interview - March 1st week.
                    EVC Model
                    Visa Renewal
                    approval - after 2.5 months

The VO scrutinized me for 25 minutes asked several questions including E-E relationship - client name, who assigns daily tasks,how many employee's at client side, reporting manager offsite/onsite, how often comes to on site, who install s/w at client side etc.... Asked me to affidavit of my answers and asked me to sign on it ...Then I was sure I will get 221g ...and it was 221g blue .... at that moment I feels like everything is falling down .... Tried to keep my moral up, but not sure how much successful I was ...it was all the time thought about 221g ....

Note - Tried calling/sending email VFS/DOS several times ... No use at all ... I would recommend don't call them frequently it of no use...Later tried with Senator as well but still the same response ... "ITS IN ADMIN PROCESSING" ..... If you are very lucky with 221blue it may be resolved in 1 month otherwise count minimum 3.5 to 4 month on average case or else 6-12 months in worst case ..... I could say if you are stuck there or planing to go for visa stamping have a back up plan ready, in the sense take care of things in USA (rent, car,bills etc.) and search an opportunity in India if you stuck there ... One important thing I would like to give you guys to utilize the time as much as you can for other things (which I couldn't do much because I was stuck in 221g black hole all the time ) like brush up your skills, certifications, health, spend time with family & friends .... Pray for god... I know its the uncertainty that kills the most of us ... but with my experience if your case is genuine & you have supported your case with proper documentation, 80% of the time you will get the visa sooner or later .... Don't sit idle occupy yourself with something ... I read one nice book during that time its "The monk who sold his ferrari" ...

I am hoping and praying to you guys who are waiting due to 221g will come out soon and will get the visa ...and this experience will make you even stronger and may change your approach to look towards the life, self, people, situation in a good way... its the testing phase, don't give the situation to take control of yours ...

All the Best !!!
                    Thanks! We really appreciate your email....it gives some hopes

Did they keep your passport? because my case they asked client letter and all other supported docs on 221g white slip and they didnot ask passport. i am planning to comeback on ap and will go back and submit passport if they asks.
                    Thanks again!

Comment

• Hi,

I got offer from new employer and went for applying H1b on 2011, petition got approved in may 2011. however, new employer as asked to wait for sometime and finally went for stamping on april 2012.

during interview VO asked me to write sworn statement and given 221(g) green form, asking new employer to submit the project documentation.

new employer is developing product and he is afraid of whether information will get leaked to outer world. so he is delaying submission of document to vfs.

in the meantime, my current employer is applying L1B for me. I am afraid will there be any problem for approving my visa.

pls advice how to proceed here. should request my new employer to revoke H1B petition or any other solutions available.

regards,
                      chintu

Comment

• No, at the time of interview they returned my passport.

Originally posted by polsani123 View Post
                        Thanks! We really appreciate your email....it gives some hopes

Did they keep your passport? because my case they asked client letter and all other supported docs on 221g white slip and they didnot ask passport. i am planning to comeback on ap and will go back and submit passport if they asks.
                        Thanks again!

Comment

• Got email today morning...

Originally posted by pnp_13 View Post
                          Guys I have been following this thread since many days. I am also the victim of 221g blue slip and cannot stop my self form adding my case
                          Below is snapshot of my case till date.

Interview Date : 11/07/2012 @ Mumbai, got 221g after around 45 mins of interview against 5 or 6 officers at same window (isn't this strange.)
                          Doc submitted: 30/07/2012, docs from employer (H1b petition and related docs, 2 yr Tax return, 2 yr Financial Stmts and Wage reports, Client Letter, Notarized list of Emp.) and docs from myself (2yr Paystubs, 2yr Bank Stmts, 2yr Tax returns, 6 months Timesheet, and all approved i797)

Waiting since 23 days.

Does anyone here from July 2012 with 221g? Any one lucky from that month or later?
                          Guys today morning at 8:30 I got the great news about my 221g. Yes you guys guessed it right... I got an email which I was waiting since 43 days (or years... )
                          Got an email mentioning administrative processing is complete and they want me to send Yellow pending letter(which I don't have... I guess they meant blue form), Passport, copy of email.
                          So I will be dropping them early morning tomorrow. Hope they rally gonna grant me the visa and I will get it stamp with in this week.

Comment

• Originally posted by pnp_13 View Post
                            Guys today morning at 8:30 I got the great news about my 221g. Yes you guys guessed it right... I got an email which I was waiting since 43 days (or years... )
                            Got an email mentioning administrative processing is complete and they want me to send Yellow pending letter(which I don't have... I guess they meant blue form), Passport, copy of email.
                            So I will be dropping them early morning tomorrow. Hope they rally gonna grant me the visa and I will get it stamp with in this week.

Congrats.

Comment

• Originally posted by pnp_13 View Post
                              Congrats pnp_13!!
                              I am still waiting...Hope to hear something soon

Comment

• my h1b experience

Hi All,

I just received H1B stamp after waiting for 1.5 years stuck in 221g. Here's my story.

Was working in US in H1B, visited India in May 2011 and went for stamping for my H1 xtension in New Delhi for EC case.

Stamping was denied with 221g Green. I submitted the requested list of documents in July and after waiting for 3 months in Sept 2011 I got email from consulate that my petition has been sent back to USCIS requesting a revocation stating "employer not able/willing to provide qualified employment". The typical employer employee rejection.

I requested my employer to file a new H1 petition with a new client, finally in Feb they filed a new H1 petition under premium processing, recieved an RFE for that and finally got the approval in March.

I went to Mumbai consulate for visa stamping in April, it was EVC case. Got 221g blue, the consular officer requested a whole lot of documents, paystubs, w2s, salaries of all the employees of employers etc. On top of that she requested photos of client and employer workspaces as well.

Submitted the documents in June and finally recvd email to submit passport after 3 months. Got the stamp a week after submitting passport.

Keep your hopes high, hopefully many more people waiting on 221g get their visa approved.

Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X