X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 221G Blue Slip from Mumbai

Hello Guys,

Just want to share my story.

Interview Date: June 7h, 2012. got 221G blue slip to submit education credentials, all experience letters and all petitions
    Document Submitted on June 12th 2012.

Still waiting on visa update. I checked status on ceac state gov website and it showed refused. I think that's intial status ad because lots of ppl confused with that they removed the link now. I am still waiting on my visa update. By the way I am working full time for govt. this thing drives crazy.. seriously... its been almost 3 months and still waiting.

Thanks,

Comment

• Any updates from anybody?

Comment

• Got Visa

Originally posted by pnp_13 View Post
        Guys today morning at 8:30 I got the great news about my 221g. Yes you guys guessed it right... I got an email which I was waiting since 43 days (or years... )
        Got an email mentioning administrative processing is complete and they want me to send Yellow pending letter(which I don't have... I guess they meant blue form), Passport, copy of email.
        So I will be dropping them early morning tomorrow. Hope they rally gonna grant me the visa and I will get it stamp with in this week.
        Sorry for the late reply... I was busy packing and traveling back to US.
        But finally here is the complete timeline of my case.

Interview Date : 11/07/2012 @ Mumbai, got 221g after around 45 mins of interview against 5 or 6 officers at same window (isn't this strange.)
        Doc submitted: 30/07/2012, docs from employer (H1b petition and related docs, 2 yr Tax return, 2 yr Financial Stmts and Wage reports, Client Letter, Notarized list of Emp.) and docs from myself (2yr Paystubs, 2yr Bank Stmts, 2yr Tax returns, 6 months Timesheet, and all approved i797)
        Email received: 10/09/2012, to submit Passport
        Passport Submitted: 11/09/2012 @ Mumbai VFS
        Visa Stamped date: 13/09/2012, its my Birthday... the gift of the year by US consulate
        Passport received: 14/09/2012 @ Surat Gujarat
        Back in US: 18/09/2012

Comment

• 221g Inquiry

Originally posted by bluebitten View Post
          Any updates from anybody?
          I tried to initiate 221g query on my case on the new website www.traveldocs.com/in and emailed([email protected]) to get an update on my case which is pending since feb2012 at mumbai consulate. As usual the response made me laught but here it is...
          "Dear Visa Applicant,

If you have paid your MRV fee at HDFC Bank and have not scheduled an appointment at VFS, you may now schedule an appointment online at Stanley. Please click on the Apply Now button to login in to your profile.

If you need further information about applying for a visa to the United States, please visit Stanely.

Thank You"

Has anybody else tried this website. Update if you do get any respsonse on 221g.

Anand

Comment

• Well FINALLY...

I received the golden email today from Mumbai NIV for submitting my passport.

I submitted my passport today and hoping for the best

I will write my journey in brief once I get my passport stamped!

Comment

• Congratulations!!!!

Well FINALLY...

I received the golden email today from Mumbai NIV for submitting my passport.

I will write my journey in brief once I get my passport stamped!

Congratulations My friend. Let us know whole timeline. Also Let me know the emailId from you whom you received the email. Have a nice flight back to US. I have one more question for you on which date you see your CEAC Bar code number on mumbai embassy website? I just want to know that whether you receive email same day or in advance.

Comment

• Got 221g at Hyderabad Consulate

Originally posted by hirensv View Post
                Congratulations My friend. Let us know whole timeline. Also Let me know the emailId from you whom you received the email. Have a nice flight back to US. I have one more question for you on which date you see your CEAC Bar code number on mumbai embassy website? I just want to know that whether you receive email same day or in advance.

Mine is 1st time H1B stamping along with my Husband:

Attended interview on 10th September at Hyderabad Consulate---Got 221g---VO retained original I797, I120, D160 , In house project documents, Company Brocher ,visa Interview letters and returned our passports along with 221g white form, he didn't see any docs related to my husband, he just asked him few questions. He requested us to submit the passports along with the additional document( US Company IT returns, 2012 Unemployment wage reports, Company Roaster and Office Pics) at VFS

We have submitted all additional documents and passports at VFS on 21st September 2012

We got an email and sms on 25th to collect our passports

We got back 221g, passports without stamp and additional documents except office photos, original i797, LCA, I129, office inhouse project documents. They have checked the check box says “application requires additional administrative processing before a final decision can be made”

So what would be the situation now? Are they still considering our case or not? Are they going to send our docs to USCIS or will they do admin processing in India?

I really appreciate if anyone clarify my doubts.

Comment

• Congrats

well finally...

I received the golden email today from mumbai niv for submitting my passport.

i will write my journey in brief once i get my passport stamped!
                  congrats!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by hirensv View Post
                    hirensv did you receive the email yet? If so how many days did it take from the time your CEAC number appeared on the list till you actually got the email? My CEAC number has appeared but I have still not got the mail. Did you submit your documents without receiving the mail? If so could you please update on the status?

Comment

• That's good news

Originally posted by JamesVaz View Post
                      hirensv did you receive the email yet? If so how many days did it take from the time your CEAC number appeared on the list till you actually got the email? My CEAC number has appeared but I have still not got the mail. Did you submit your documents without receiving the mail? If so could you please update on the status?
                      Hi James, It's good that you have your CEAC Number appeared in the list. I think you should get email on same day. I am not sure as I have not yet received any email neither my CEAC Number appeared in the list too. You should ask other member who have received email.

As per website it says if your number appeared in the list then you can submit your passport. The only question is they have aksed for pending lette on their website. I am not sure what is that pending letter. yo can go to your near by VFS Center and do ask about pending letter. You can call to VFS and asked them too that why you have not received the email and what is pending letter meas.

Good Luck my friend and I am happy that at least you have got that email. Have a safe flight back to US.

Thanks.

Comment

• Deciphering the Lingo

Originally posted by hirensv View Post
                        Hi James, It's good that you have your CEAC Number appeared in the list. I think you should get email on same day. I am not sure as I have not yet received any email neither my CEAC Number appeared in the list too. You should ask other member who have received email.

As per website it says if your number appeared in the list then you can submit your passport. The only question is they have aksed for pending lette on their website. I am not sure what is that pending letter. yo can go to your near by VFS Center and do ask about pending letter. You can call to VFS and asked them too that why you have not received the email and what is pending letter meas.

Good Luck my friend and I am happy that at least you have got that email. Have a safe flight back to US.

Thanks.
                        I've got my passport with the Visa Stamped today. The passport tracking messages are misleading. It is best to call travel.state.gov directly and get an update.. Just for those that may want help in interpreting the cryptic UStraveldocs.com messages here is an explanation

"The current status of your passport is In Transit To Post."= VFS/USTraveldocs is yet to deliver your passport to the Consulate. It is inbetween the USTraveldocs location and Consulate
                        "The current status of your passport is Delivered To Post." = VFS/USTraveldocs has delivered your passport to the Consulate.
                        "The current status of your passport is Origination Scan." = US Consulate has filled in your Courier slip but is awaiting Courier Company to pick it / Courier Company is in the process of issuing an AWB/Reference code.
                        "The current status of your passport is In Transit From Post." = The passport with or without the visa is now being transported by courier to the pick up location that you specified at the time of creating the appointment. Please check the location of pickup on your US Consulate appointment invitation letter
                        "The current status of your passport is Ready For Pickup." = It has arrived at the Pickup location. For some it may be the Facilitation Center.
                        "The current status of your passport is Picked Up." = Lets hope that it was you that picked it up.

Hope all of you make it through this stress filled journey. God Bless you all.

Comment

Thanks.
                          Hiren my friend keep the faith, eventually it will turn around. I have heard that most 221G cases have a positive turn around. it is just that after Tri Valley the people at the Consulate seem to be using 221G more often then necessary and that puts a lot of lives on hold. I pray that you get your case approved and soon. Do call the Travel.State.gov Visa Consultant at ** 202 663 1225 for the best update on your case (you will need to give them the passport number so that they can see your current status).

When your number appears on the Consular website do not wait for an email message. No one will inform you or email you. Print the details showing your number (in the case of mumbai consulate I printed the 1st page and the page where my case number appeared), take the 221G letter which is what they mean by 'Pending letter' (they will need the original. A copy of your I-797. These will be collected by USTraveldocs. (If you are visiting them in Mumbai, do not carry a laptop bag or your mobile or umbrella. I had to deposit mine at a small tea stall located next to their office but rather obscured. ). They will also go through your other documents. Good luck.
                          Last edited by JamesVaz; 10-10-2012, 09:55 AM. Reason: Added UStravel docs experience

Comment

• Good to hear from you

Originally posted by JamesVaz View Post
                            Hiren my friend keep the faith, eventually it will turn around. I have heard that most 221G cases have a positive turn around. it is just that after Tri Valley the people at the Consulate seem to be using 221G more often then necessary and that puts a lot of lives on hold. I pray that you get your case approved and soon. Do call the Travel.State.gov Visa Consultant at ** 202 663 1225 for the best update on your case (you will need to give them the passport number so that they can see your current status).

When your number appears on the Consular website do not wait for an email message. No one will inform you or email you. Print the details showing your number (in the case of mumbai consulate I printed the 1st page and the page where my case number appeared), take the 221G letter which is what they mean by 'Pending letter' (they will need the original. A copy of your I-797. These will be collected by USTraveldocs. (If you are visiting them in Mumbai, do not carry a laptop bag or your mobile or umbrella. I had to deposit mine at a small tea stall located next to their office but rather obscured. ). They will also go through your other documents. Good luck.
                            Hi James, Very Happy to hear that you have received your passsport with stamp. Have a safe flight back to US. By the way I don't have original 221G Letter as I have submitted it with documents at Mumbai VFS office. Is it mandatory, I have scanned copy only with me.

Hopefully I will get my CEAC Number updated soon on their website. By the way how long it took for you to get CEAC Number on the website. Me submitted documents on 12th June and still waiting. Thanks.

Comment

Hi James, Very Happy to hear that you have received your passsport with stamp. Have a safe flight back to US. By the way I don't have original 221G Letter as I have submitted it with documents at Mumbai VFS office. Is it mandatory, I have scanned copy only with me.

Hopefully I will get my CEAC Number updated soon on their website. By the way how long it took for you to get CEAC Number on the website. Me submitted documents on 12th June and still waiting. Thanks.
                              It took me 17 days for my number to get displayed on the CEAC website (Maybe because this is the second time my application went for Admin processing. Last time my B1 took 43 days. Ant that was just 8 months ago so maybe the FBI/Homeland security or whichever department they send for checking had my clean record already on file) (inclusive of a weekends and Ganesh Chaturthi holidays)

It took me 9 days to get my passport from the day my CEAC number appeared on the website. (Inclusive of weekends + Gandhi Jayanti + Columbus Day holidays) = 5 working days.

My version of 221G letter which the VO gave me did not require me to submit the original letter or any document physically to VFS but a whole set of documents by email only, so i had my original with me which i submitted along with my passport on the day

Good luck and I hope you get your visa soon.

Comment

• Any update from any one

Since long no msg from members. any one recently got email or visa?

I have been checking state website regularly and hope that they will come back with status link soon but looks like it won't be up any time in near future.

First they came up with the link somewhere in July and then took back. It was showing msg that they will be back by end of September, then changed to mid October and now they have end of November.

Good Luck to all my friends. keep posting your status.

Thanks,

HV

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X