• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updates???

Any updates guys? Keep us posted.

Comment

DoS - Department of State status check

Anyone tried calling DoS - Dept of State to ask visa processing status?

DOS number is 2026631225, dial 1 and then 0,

I'm planning to call tonight, will let you know the status on here.

Comment

Originally posted by bindu155 View Post
        @H1-Bgotscrewedguy : Ohhh...so its been 1 week u submitted...Hopefully u get it soon!!..

@All..what is the diff between Yellow and blue form?
        @bindu155 - Thanks for the reply. Please do let us know if you receive any notification from the VFS saying that the passport is ready to pick up. That's what they mentioned when I called them multiple times.

Didn't received my passport yet
        Still waiting till 2nd December.

Comment

13 DEC 2011. Got 221 g blue slip

Got 221g blue slip at Mumbai consulate asking additional documents to be submitted at VFS.
          Documents are related to I129, LCA, Client letter, Employer letter specifying jobs and organisational chart.
          Nothing written on 221g blue slip to submit the passport. Does it mean VFS wont take my passports? What about HDFC slips?
          Also what would be the turnover to get the good news?

Comment

VFS does not take the passport. During document submission they ask for passport and HDFC slip. they just scan them and give you back. they take the blue slip along with documents, so It is recommended to keep a scanned copy of slip with you. no one is clear about the turnaround time. Like many in this forum me too waiting for a reply after document submission.

could you give some more details of your case ? like, is it first H1 or extension. also the employment type ?

Originally posted by sandeepiitm View Post
            Got 221g blue slip at Mumbai consulate asking additional documents to be submitted at VFS.
            Documents are related to I129, LCA, Client letter, Employer letter specifying jobs and organisational chart.
            Nothing written on 221g blue slip to submit the passport. Does it mean VFS wont take my passports? What about HDFC slips?
            Also what would be the turnover to get the good news?

Comment

@Noisiaj..

any updates on ur case??

Comment

@Bindu155

Not yet. Have you got your passport back with visa?

Comment

@nosiaj

I came to India after 4 years for renewal. I changed my employer after 1 st year and my visa was expired on sept 2010. I am working on employer-client model. The worst part of my interview was vfs lady did not ask for single document not even my I-797.
                  I have my labor and I-140 but alas..I was not asked anything but to get blue slip. The document they asked to submit are related to I-129, LCA, client letter, employer specifying my job skills and so so..,
                  Anyone can tell me whats happening with their blue slip case from Mumbai?

Comment

221g blue slip

I had been asked to submit 4 employer specific documents (not tax and employee salary related or job vacancy). I have 3 documents and 4th one I am planning to submit the print out of scanned documents sent by my employer. Does anyone see issue with submitting print out of scanned copy?
                    Please reply so that I can submit the documents.

Comment

• Nothing yet on my side. Congratulations Bindu. Keep us posted when you receive your passport with a stamped visa and before you fly back to US.
                      How about everyone else? Any updates?

I learnt from my lawyer that visa stamping now also involves mandatory background check of some form, name, security, criminal...
                      So it all depends on the law enforcement agencies in US to send it back to the Consulate which is when we would receive a notification.
                      Keep us posted.

Comment

• As per my knowledge, yellow form is definitely "Administrative Processing". Blue form is when they have requested additional documents and conduct a PIMS. However, even with blue form, they could carry on and put you in administrative processing, which is when they request additional information through a background check from US enforcement agencies. This is as per my understanding. Do add light or correct me if I am wrong.

Comment

• The additional background checks can be done only for renewing applicants right ? what about fresh application ?

Originally posted by aumehta View Post
                          As per my knowledge, yellow form is definitely "Administrative Processing". Blue form is when they have requested additional documents and conduct a PIMS. However, even with blue form, they could carry on and put you in administrative processing, which is when they request additional information through a background check from US enforcement agencies. This is as per my understanding. Do add light or correct me if I am wrong.

Comment

• @ Nosiaj and Anumehta.

No yaar...How can i expect soo soon...the Vfs lady said..in a week`s time..i will receive it..so again i have to wait..Seems like there is no peace of mind at all!!..

Comment

• Originally posted by nosiaj View Post
                              The additional background checks can be done only for renewing applicants right ? what about fresh application ?
                              in case of some common names,possibly for fresh applicants as well...but don't worry about all of this. I had gone for my interview yest- even though it was L1 I was sitting opp a window that was doing H1 and heard at least 8-10 interviews and whatever i judged, the admin processing was where the VO was not satisfied with the employer-employee relationship piece

Comment

• 221g blue slip- Successfully got stamped

Hello guys,

Just wanted to share my recent first time H1B stamping experience.

Be cool and relax. 221g is not much serious issue. its just administrative processing nothing else...

Consulate: Mumbai

Model: E-V-C

Interview date: 19th oct : Not a single document asked during interview. Handed over blue slip.

22nd Nov: Docs submitted at VFS without passport

4th dec: got an email from consulate to submit passport

6th dec: submitted passport

8th dec: email saying collect passport

9th dec: collected passport from VFS, mumbai.

All the best......

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X