H1 blue slip from Mumbai with comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• got the dreaded news that my passport is under Admin Processing

They took 6 weeks to process the documents after issuing 221(g) blue form and asked me to submit the passport. Submitted the passport on Dec 2nd. Now they say, after more than 2 weeks of submitting the passport, that my passport is under Admin processing. Wonder how much more longer it takes...

Anybody else is in similar situation?

Comment

• Visa Approved!

Just wanted to update.

Visa Interview: Nov 30, 2011 New H1-B Mumbai Consulate at BKC new office

Issued a 221g Blue. Documents asked Copy of petition, Notarized list of all
      employees with names, salaries, position, immigration status, company tax for last two years,letter from job site that vacany is there and detailed report of my work and project.

Submitted documents: Dec 6
      Received email to submit passport: Dec 13 at 4pm.
      Passport submitted: Dec 14
      Received email that passport is ready to pick up: Dec 16 at 5 pm.
      Received passport by blue dart: Dec 17 at 4pm (Bluedart works on Saturdays)

A lot of things matter for the decision to be made as I found out like
      Size of company less than 200?
      Is company head Immigrant.
      Number of Immigrants in company.
      Revenue generated.
      Location of company.
      Location of client.
      Name of clients.
      Location where employee will work.
      Is a consulting firm? (You use consulting word in interview, definitely receive a colored slip)
      Is a common name.
      Years the company is operational.

The time to hear back definitely depends on all these factors if you get similar document request. All cases are different. My case was very strong in all the above points, so probably heard back quickly.

Also a friend was asked to submit similar but a green slip at Delhi. His case was solved in two weeks with stamping.

Flying back next week. Thanks to all who posted their updates, it really helped reading a lot positive outcomes. Good luck!

Comment

• @boyboston Congrats!!
        @H1Bscrewed sorry to hear the news, hope it clears out today. What is your work model? Did you submit the client letter?
        @aumehta yeah even I saw that December PDF link was not available, now it's back up. Seeing new CEAC bar codes updated on 22nd Dec.

I'm still waiting... This uncertainty is killing me...

Not sure when will this end... ((

Comment

• Does anyone know if you can travel to US on B1/B2 visa while waiting under 221g form?

I have an important family function to attend next week.. And I intend to come back to India within a week.

Thanks.

Comment

• Yes.

Originally posted by blueguy19 View Post
            Does anyone know if you can travel to US on B1/B2 visa while waiting under 221g form?

I have an important family function to attend next week.. And I intend to come back to India within a week.

Thanks.
            Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

• Congrats boyboston !!

Thanks for the details given. How did you find that the following facts affects the 221g processing ?

Size of company less than 200?
              Is company head Immigrant.
              Number of Immigrants in company.

is there any additional information you got related to these points, like the chances of rejection in these cases ?

Comment

• Going by the experiences of people in this forum, I guess its taking the renewal cases more time than for the new applicants.

I guess when asked to submit the client contract details, organizational chart, etc. , it takes more time for verification. May be they send it to the authorities in the US.

I am still waiting for the email. I have planned to start working from the offshore wing of the client untill the VISA gets approved, as the number of days that it may take is not fixed.

Comment

• To noisaj.. abt passport

To noisaj..

did u say VO ..to submit the docs along with passport or they had mentioned in form ..?
                  do let me know
                  even i got the 221(g) but there is no mention passport word..

pls let me know.

thanks!

Originally posted by nosiaj View Post
                  on 28th I got 221(g) blue slip from Mumbai.

It asked for additional corporate documents to be submitted at VFS along with passport.

Since they have asked for the passport along with the documents is there any hope to get it stamped earlier ?

Comment

• @Pintoo

Yes, There is passport mentioned in my blue form (printed). But the VFS did not accept the same.

Originally posted by pintoo View Post
                    To noisaj..

did u say VO ..to submit the docs along with passport or they had mentioned in form ..?
                    do let me know
                    even i got the 221(g) but there is no mention passport word..

pls let me know.

thanks!

Comment

• @shervin143 thanks for replying...

what all things I need to prepare for?

do I need a letter or anything? or an invitation to family function?
                      how abt travel tickets?? im planning to use my original return ticket to US for this trip and then book another one for coming back.. would that be an issue?

how can I verify this officially? that I can travel on B1 while H1-B on 221g administrative processing?

let me know.

Comment

• what all things I need to prepare for?

>>> https://www.immihelp.com/usa-visitor...tor-documents/

how abt travel tickets?? im planning to use my original return ticket to US for this trip and then book another one for coming back.. would that be an issue?
                        >>> Advisable to book the return ticket in advance and keep a proof. You can still use your existing ticket to travel and a new ticket to return back. But book the return ticket before you depart to U.S as a proof that you will be returning back.

how can I verify this officially? that I can travel on B1 while H1-B on 221g administrative processing?
                        >>> Consult an immigration attorney.

Originally posted by blueguy19 View Post
                        @shervin143 thanks for replying...

what all things I need to prepare for?

let me know.
                        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

• Thanks @shervin

Others sorry for hijacking this thread.

Comment

• @ Noisiaj,@Anumehta,@Divp..

any updates from ur side?? Has ur Case been progressed in any way??
                            Keep posting!!

I am flying back on 26 th..Dec..But will be active in this thread...keep updateding ur status..

Good luck ..Hope u get ur visa soon!!

Comment

• Originally posted by blueguy19 View Post
                              @boyboston Congrats!!
                              @H1Bscrewed sorry to hear the news, hope it clears out today. What is your work model? Did you submit the client letter?
                              @aumehta yeah even I saw that December PDF link was not available, now it's back up. Seeing new CEAC bar codes updated on 22nd Dec.

I'm still waiting... This uncertainty is killing me...

Not sure when will this end... ((
                              My model is EVC. I did have client letter and every other freaking document that they could ask for. Submitted around 400 pages documents in response to 221(g) blue slip on 17 October. Don't know what they would look for. After 6 weeks asked for passport. Submitted the passport on 2nd Dec. No updates yet. It's been 3-weeks now.

BTW, does anyone know how long can the US consulate keep our passports with them LEGALLY? Is there any time frame within which they had to return the passport?? I wish there is...
                              Last edited by h1bgotscrewed; 12-24-2011, 01:13 AM.

Comment

• @h1bscrewed

Yeah that sounds about right. I submitted approx 300 to 350 pages, clearly marked them with sticky notes stating way they are for.

Not sure how long they can keep the passport legally. I suggest you call the DoS and ask the status.

I called them couple of times, they say it's under review. Another time they said it's under administrative processing. Third time I called I asked the difference between the two, they said it's one and the same thing.

This wait is making it hard to concentrate or do any other thing while in Mumbai. What a waste of time and money.

Another thing I heard from my friends, that all big financial firms are restricting the contractor tenure to a year starting 2012. Earlier this period was 3 years. Offshore services contractors are excluded from this restriction.

I believe all this is happening due to the fact that somehow USCIS, DOS and consulates want to discourage people from working in EVC model and In case of full time employment discourage small businesses from hiring H1B.

Don't want to generalize it but high level this could be the motive.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X