• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats Hemosho

@Hemosho
    Congratulations!!!!

Comment

@Idiamin,

Thanks... People in this forum are very helpful... We should be thankful to immihelp as well... Immihelp and google were the only source of information

Comment

I got my passport today...

Hi Guys,

I got my passport today. Interview date is Dec-21-2010. Today Jan-09-2011 I received my passport. Thank you immihelp.

Comment

end of the ordeal

I received an email from VFS on Friday and received the passport on Saturday (Jan 7th) with stamped visa. Really sorry for the delayed post... was out of town with no coverage over the weekend... end to end processing time - 25 business days!

$idiamin - very well said.... immihelp has been really useful throughout this ordeal.. and thanks to all you guys....its good support knowing you're not the only one stranded on this boat.
          Wish everybody else well and hope they receive theirs asap.

Comment

All is well

@forzajuve
            Congratulations!!! it must be such a relief!! all the best.

and the message was from @hemosho
            Last edited by idiamin; 01-10-2012, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Your passport is under process at U.S Embassy/Consulate

Hi All

I have interviewed for H1-B on Nov 21st 2011 in Chennai.

The Officer at the counter kept my passport along with all documents and told that “will verify and will get back in 2 weeks time”.

I was not issued any type of 221(g) - GREEN, PINK OR BLUE form at the time of my interview.

It’s being more than 45 days now and they have not yet contacted either me or my employer

I called/mailed VFS help line several times and they are saying” We are still waiting for the Embassy response. We will forward you the information as soon as we receive their response”

Passport status in VFS help line is: Your passport is under process at U.S Embassy/Consulate.

Does anyone fall under same scenario? Either positive or negative result

Can someone help out about this issue.

Thanks

Comment

H1B Visa Stamping under Review@ New Delhi Consulate

Hello Madhu,

I have the exactly same case as yours. (See my thread).
                Still waiting to get some response from US Consulate.

Originally posted by Madhu0219 View Post
                Hi All

I have interviewed for H1-B on Nov 21st 2011 in Chennai.

The Officer at the counter kept my passport along with all documents and told that “will verify and will get back in 2 weeks time”.

I was not issued any type of 221(g) - GREEN, PINK OR BLUE form at the time of my interview.

It’s being more than 45 days now and they have not yet contacted either me or my employer

I called/mailed VFS help line several times and they are saying” We are still waiting for the Embassy response. We will forward you the information as soon as we receive their response”

Passport status in VFS help line is: Your passport is under process at U.S Embassy/Consulate.

Does anyone fall under same scenario? Either positive or negative result

Can someone help out about this issue.

Thanks

Comment

Your passport is under process at U.S Embassy/Consulate

Hi Anjul

Have you any updated status? have you contacting to US Embassy or VFS for progress

Thanks

Comment

Still waiting

Furstrating - Its been 14 business days and 19 calendar days since I attended what was called an emergency appointment..so much for emergency..Still nothing yet..approved but still waiting.....the delay is now becoming harder to bear on all counts...anyone else got their passports of late?
                    Just asking to know how many days its taking now..(although I know it varies from case to case)...
                    And now no hopes for the next 3 days at a minimum (long weekend at consulate!)

Comment

H1B Visa Stamping under Review@ New Delhi Consulate

Hi Madhu,

Today I got my passport back, with no Visa.
                      They rejected my application without any explanation.

I am now in middle of nowhere.
                      Does anyone knows if my H1B approval(I-797) which is valid till 2013, stays valid after my Visa rejection? Can I find a new employer and transfer this H1B over?

Please let me know if anyone knows anything about it.

Thanks

Originally posted by Madhu0219 View Post
                      Hi Anjul

Have you any updated status? have you contacting to US Embassy or VFS for progress

Thanks

Comment

Your petition will be send back to USCIS for revoke. However, the CAP from that petition will remain valid until you use all 6 years. You can find a new employer who can file a new H1B petition using the CAP from your existing petition and request an immediate start date. Once approved, you will have to attend the visa interview again with the new approval notice.

Originally posted by anjul View Post
                        Does anyone knows if my H1B approval(I-797) which is valid till 2013, stays valid after my Visa rejection? Can I find a new employer and transfer this H1B over?
                        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Hi

Hi Shervin,

Thanks for your response.
                          I will try to get new employer asap and reapply for Visa.

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
                          Your petition will be send back to USCIS for revoke. However, the CAP from that petition will remain valid until you use all 6 years. You can find a new employer who can file a new H1B petition using the CAP from your existing petition and request an immediate start date. Once approved, you will have to attend the visa interview again with the new approval notice.

Comment

Your Passport is under process at U.S Embassy/Consulate

Hi all
                            Any one got Visa after two month processing. For mine Almost 60 days over,no responce from vfs or u.s Consulate

Madhu

Comment

Your Passport is under process at U.S Embassy/Consulate

Hi

No response from last 68 Days, Interview date is Nov 21st 2011, Still passport status is:
                              under the Your Passport is under process at U.S Embassy/Consulate

Regards
                              Madhu

Comment

@madhu - Have you tried emailing? Usually they don't respond before 60 days (that's what i was told) since 60 days have elapsed, you may try to email again. I know they are not civilized enough to respond well but worth a try... also did you call DOS (Dept of state)? its a real pain do deal with the consulate.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X