Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Passport under process at US Embassy/Consulate

@madhu

I attended my visa interview on Nov 29th and VO gave me green receipt and retain my passport at New Delhi consulate. I sent couple of e-mails and contacted VFS but they have no more information.

I sumitted my documents 1st Dec. Now it's been 63 days and I am still waiting for my passport. I discussed this issue with my lawyer so he said " wait and watch". Nothing we can do at this moment.

Wish you all good luck who are in same situation.

Kalpesh.

Comment

Your passport is under process at U.S Embassy/Consulate

HI

I got the Passport on Feb 2rd 2011 after 70 days and issued 221(G) Green slip saying that

"The petition is being returned to USCIS for further review. Upon completion of the review, USCIS will contact your petitioner.Please wait for a notification from consulate before returning".

This is option ticked in the slip. None of other Information ticked.

Have any one faced same issue, Have any chance to get VISA after further review.

How many months it will take complete process.

Please let me know quickly

Thanks
      Madhu

Comment

BEP - 221G Green slip at Delhi consulate

Hi,

Can someone help me with their reply on my matter.
        I had my H1b interview at Delhi on 7th feb 2012. VO issued me 221g green slip with top 4 marked docs required and passport and asked me to submit within few minutes. Now After reading all the forums here i acknowledge that VO has mostly asked for the required docs to be submitted in the specific time period. My point is:

Case : BEP - Being BEP how good is it?
        Interviewed on 7th Feb
        221g Green slip - Getting GREEN SLIP how bad is it?
        Docs & passport asked to submitted on similar day
        My status changed & says: "your passport is under process at u.s embassy/consulate" - does this brings any hope?
        how long can my case take upto?

Guys with good knowledge here on this processing plz help me and the ppl in the same boots.
        'Thanks in anticipation'
        Waiting Very Curiously!

Comment

Status shows Your passport is under process at US Consulate

My wife went for H4 stamping on Feb 23, 2012, the officer told her, that the visa is approved, handed her even a slip without title which said "your visa has been approved'. You will be sent your passport by courier. When my wife appeared for interview, my petition did not appear on his screen, he told my wife its a common issue and they will fix it. The status on VFS still shows "your passport is under process at US consulate". Anyone faced similar issue and any turn around time for passport?

Comment

Search and read the posts on PIMS verification. If the visa is getting delayed because of PIMS, then it will take about 2 - 2 weeks to get cleared.

Originally posted by bhuppi1980 View Post
            My wife went for H4 stamping on Feb 23, 2012, the officer told her, that the visa is approved, handed her even a slip without title which said "your visa has been approved'. You will be sent your passport by courier. When my wife appeared for interview, my petition did not appear on his screen, he told my wife its a common issue and they will fix it. The status on VFS still shows "your passport is under process at US consulate". Anyone faced similar issue and any turn around time for passport?
            Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Status shows Your passport is under process at US Consulate

Bhuppi

I am also same boat. have you got your wife PP.

My wife went for H4 stamping on Feb 27, 2012, the officer told her, that the visa is approved and will get the passport in one week by courier. still I am waiting for PP.

Thanks

Comment

My dependents visa - L2 - are in the same position. Attended the interview on 3/7, VO told that visa is approved and pp will be delivered in one week, no other comments. No updates yet. When we should contact vfs? After one week?

Comment

Hi - Which Consulate do you appear at? Please provide details.

Originally posted by bhuppi1980 View Post

Comment

Originally posted by ramakrishna820 View Post
                    Bhuppi

I am also same boat. have you got your wife PP.

My wife went for H4 stamping on Feb 27, 2012, the officer told her, that the visa is approved and will get the passport in one week by courier. still I am waiting for PP.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by goomail View Post
                      My dependents visa - L2 - are in the same position. Attended the interview on 3/7, VO told that visa is approved and pp will be delivered in one week, no other comments. No updates yet. When we should contact vfs? After one week?

Comment

Chennai, their passports received on 3/16.

Comment

My wife & I appeared for the H1/H4 visa interview together at the US consulate in Delhi on Mar 30. We have been issued H1/H4 multiple times in the past. The VO was very nice to us, didn't ask for any documents other than the required documents (passports, I-797 etc.) and the only questions asked were about my salary, the last degree and the school. Then he told us that for some reason the system was not pulling my application/info (not sure exactly what he meant) but he added that it was a known issue and it only meant that the processing would take a couple more days and kept our passports. Today is April 9 (end of day) and the status on the VFS website still is:

"Your Passport is under process at U.S Embassy/Consulate".
                          Last edited by rakesh70; 04-09-2012, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Search and read about PIMS. Your petition information might not be in their PIMS system. The consulate will request USCIS to update the information. They will not be able to issue you a visa untill they can verify the petition that you gave them matches with the one in the PIMS. It will take about 2-3 weeks to get a response.

Originally posted by rakesh70 View Post
                            My wife & I appeared for the H1/H4 visa interview together at the US consulate in Delhi on Mar 30. We have been issued H1/H4 multiple times in the past. The VO was very nice to us, didn't ask for any documents other than the required documents (passports, I-797 etc.) and the only questions asked were about my salary, the last degree and the school. Then he told us that for some reason the system was not pulling my application/info (not sure exactly what he meant) but he added that it was a known issue and it only meant that the processing would take a couple more days and kept our passports. Today is April 9 (end of day) and the status on the VFS website still is:

"Your Passport is under process at U.S Embassy/Consulate".
                            Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

I got my passport

I went for the visa interview in chennai same day as Rakesh.
                              Got the same vfs status as in processing. But I got email from vfs next day that my passport is ready for pickup. I picked up the passport at @ VFS Global.
                              So don't panick. I guess they take a day or two to deliver the passport to vfs.
                              Good luck everybody

Comment

waiting for passport

Hey All,

My wife went for h4 stamping on April 5 , visa was approved and i get the same message ( Your Passport is under process at U.S Embassy/Consulate) when i track her passport on vfs website.

those who are waiting for passport, pls update this thread once you get it.

Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X