Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1-B visa with F-1 visa

I'm in quite of a situation right now.
    I'm currently on a student visa (f-1). I work at a student position <20hrs a week as advised in I-20 form.
    So, now I'm in a process of getting my H1-B visa from another company. University still wants me to work on a student position, but I'm stuck here.

Can I get my H1-B visa and still work at a univesity on a student position?
    It is possible for me to maintain F1 status as well (I mean, I can go to school full-time, if it will allow me to work at both places).

Is it possible to do so, without university issuing me another h1-b visa? (They just cannot do it at this point).

Unfortunately that is not possible. Has the H1 petition already been filed? H1 cap is closed.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Yep. was filled in September. So, you're saying this is no possible and no legal way around it?
      What if I get a business license? Can I get business license offshore maybe?
      I mean I still going to pay taxes and stuff...but I just do not understand, why if have a proposal and already legally in the US why cant I just have additional job?

Comment

Once your status changes to H1B you can only work for the petitioning employer. The work authorization is limited.
        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X