Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa for wife and Kid

Hi Guys,

I have my H1B approved, so I filed the D160 in Chennai (Appointment not fixed) and is planning to travel by Jan mid.

My H1B was filed in premium category by a law firm in FL (by my employer) and they had told me that while I fill my D160, I have to apply for H4 visas for my wife and kid too.

In the travel information section of the D160, I'v mentioned that I'm traveling with my wife and kid and have given their names too (It did not ask for anything else just names and relationship status).

But they dont have a visa yet, I guess its H4?

Should I apply separate D160s for them OR is my current D160 enough, since they are mentioned as traveling along with me?

I'm curious because the D160 did not ask for their passport details.
    Last edited by mkk; 12-09-2011, 04:51 AM.

You need to fill separate DS160 for each person who attends the interview and separate HDFC receipts need to be taken for each person who attends the visa interview. Wile filling the online application, there is an option to add your dependents to you application and book a single interview slot of your (H1B) and your dependents (H4).
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks much Shervin,

I've applied separate D160s for them now. So I should pay the 8100 INR fees for each of us (8100x3) with HDFC, or only for me?

When you said - Wile filling the online application - you meant the appointment right?

Thanks much.

Comment

I've applied separate D160s for them now. So I should pay the 8100 INR fees for each of us (8100x3) with HDFC, or only for me?
        >>> You need to pay separate fee for each individual who will attend the visa interview.

When you said - Wile filling the online application - you meant the appointment right?
        >>> How do you take appointment? By filling the online application, right? There is an option to book a single interview slot for the entire family. If you don't do that, eacyh of you will end up taking separate interviews.

Comment

Thanks Shervin.

Is the visa fees same for all three? Mine is H1B hence 8100 INR, is it the same for spouse and kid too?

Comment

Yes.
            https://www.immihelp.com/usa-visa-fees/

Originally posted by mkk View Post
            Thanks Shervin.

Is the visa fees same for all three? Mine is H1B hence 8100 INR, is it the same for spouse and kid too?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X