Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MRV fees of $2000

Hello
    My H1B got approved in 2009 and I am going to India for first time stamping in Jan 2012. When I got the approval there was no rule that me or my employer has to pay additional $2000 as a part of the MRV fees. This is what I read on one of the immihelp pages:

"Effective November 20, 2010, the U.S. Embassy and Consulates in India will begin collecting an additional fee of $2,000 for certain H-1B petitions and $2,250 for certain L-1A and L-1B petitions that fall under the provisions of Public Law 111-230. These additional fees apply to petitioners with more than 50 employees in the United States and with more than 50 percent of those employees in H-1B or L (including L-1A, L-1B, and L-2) status. This fee is in addition to the $500 Fraud Detection and Prevention fee and the MRV fee and applies in both first-time and renewal cases (unless further information indicates otherwise)."

So I am not sure if I would have to pay those fees now or don't have to pay them at all. I asked my employer and he said I don't have to worry about those fees as it does not apply to me.

Please help.

Thanks and regards,

Akshay

Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X