H4 stamping without primary applicant in attendance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 stamping without primary applicant in attendance

Please excuse me if this question has been posted here before.
    I had a H1B approval in 2010, but hadn't applied for stamping. I entered US early 2011 on a B1 and changed status successfully to H1B. Now my family is applying for H4 stamping in India. The mandatory documents listed include original I797. But since I (primary applicant) am here in US, is it still needed or should I just send an attested copy?
    What other challenging questions might be posed when my spouse attends the interview.

Thanks in advance.

It is advisable to carry the original approval notice. Check the below link.
    https://www.immihelp.com/h4-visa-stamping-documents/
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks Sherwin for the very quick response. Wouldn't I have to keep my I797 with me? (more so since it is attached to the new I94)?

Comment

check with your employer, generally he will have additional copy.

Comment

Why is your I-94 still attached to the approval notice? Did you read the approval notice clearly. There will be instructions to detach it and attach it to the passport. You need to return all the I-94s when you leave the country.

Originally posted by deegowd View Post
          Thanks Sherwin for the very quick response. Wouldn't I have to keep my I797 with me? (more so since it is attached to the new I94)?
          Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X