Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My wife's PP status changed to Ready for delivery

HI

I was put in 221 g in April end for H1B. Today my wife's passport status changed to "Ready for pickup". However when i check my passport status it says " No status update available for this Passport". I am really confused what does it means . As till Friday me & my wife's passport status were "Passprot is with Consulate". But today my wife's status changd & no update is available for me. I am wondering that my wife's is on H4 , so how her PP be ready without my passport.

An early reply will be highly appreciated.

Comment

• Passport requested from new delhi embassay after voluntary withdrawal - 221g white

Hi Dala/iddgnz

Was wondering what happened to your case after you withdrew youre passport( while admin processing was on ). I received a 221g white in new delhi on 23rd April and due to some travel elsewhere I withdrew mine on 1 st May. On 19th I spoke to DOS and they said new delhi embassay is waiting on ure passport since 1st week of May ( no contact from VFS oe consulate on that ). I have resubmitted my passport today based on the DOS query.

Now my question is - does the passport withdrawal put the visa admin processing on hold? I asked the VFS guys about this and they said it does not affect the visa admin processing but dont trust them...I dont know why would they want my passport and not even send me an email/phone on it...

Please anyway let me know if you have any idea? This is a highly frustrating wait.

Originally posted by lddgnz View Post
      Hi dala,

The case status on website can stay broken for many days, my case has been in admin processing since Sep and it has shown "invalid case number" to me on some occasions but fixes by itself in few days. You can send an email to embassy support address incase you are concerned and they will send reply saying it's under admin processing and the case number update on website for online status check may take upto 60 days.

I also recently withdrew my passport from New Delhi embassy as I have a business trip coming up. I wrote an email to support address again and they replied that in order to withdraw passport, I need to go to nearest OFC and submit a written request. I did that and picked up my passport within 2 days from the same OFC again. The administrative processing will continue meanwhile in background and I will have to resubmit passport for visa stamping once it's done.

Hope this helps.

Comment

• Originally posted by vadertrader View Post
        does the passport withdrawal put the visa admin processing on hold? I asked the VFS guys about this and they said it does not affect the visa admin processing but dont trust them...
        I'm sure that passport withdrawal doesn't affect administrative processing anyhow. I asked this question many times (their e-mail, asked on their page in FB, asked when got passport back) and always got the same answer "admin.processing will continue, its not about passport". Many people submitted their passports and were waiting for many months for visa. I had interview in February, then got my passport back in a month (for traveling), will submit it again as soon as get any message from the embassy

Comment

• Got White slip on H1B Extension stamping at New Delhi on 8th March 2013

I got White slip on H1B extension stamping intrvw at New Delhi. Since then have been waiting for updates. My Status Update date changed on May 9th, but status is still same "Admin processing". Its more than 70 days and very frustrating. Has any one got Visa issued recently from new Delhi after 221g processing.

Comment

• Thanks for the reply. I have a small advice for you : You could try calling DOS and check your'e status..maybe the delhi embassy is waiting for ure passport( for any reason )...When I called up DOS, they said the embassy is waiting for ure passport since 2 weeks.

Originally posted by swetaD View Post
            I'm sure that passport withdrawal doesn't affect administrative processing anyhow. I asked this question many times (their e-mail, asked on their page in FB, asked when got passport back) and always got the same answer "admin.processing will continue, its not about passport". Many people submitted their passports and were waiting for many months for visa. I had interview in February, then got my passport back in a month (for traveling), will submit it again as soon as get any message from the embassy

Comment

• Even I got a 221g white at new delhi. I havent seen many cases with white slip...was yours admin processing( no docs ) or were u reqd to submit docs? And are you a Full time employee?

Originally posted by jingle221g View Post
              I got White slip on H1B extension stamping intrvw at New Delhi. Since then have been waiting for updates. My Status Update date changed on May 9th, but status is still same "Admin processing". Its more than 70 days and very frustrating. Has any one got Visa issued recently from new Delhi after 221g processing.

Comment

Even I got a 221g white at new delhi. I havent seen many cases with white slip...was yours admin processing( no docs ) or were u reqd to submit docs? And are you a Full time employee?
                Hi

I am also stuck up in 221 white with no docs asked & both passport (me & my wife) were kept.. This is 4th week running. Surprisingly my wife got her H4 last week. however my case is still showing under admin process....

Comment

• how can i check visa status with DOS? need dos contact no

Originally posted by vadertrader View Post
                  ..........You could try calling DOS and check your'e status..
                  my wife[h4 applicant] had to withdraw her passport for urgent travel needs. could you please let me know how can i contact DOS to check if the hyd consulate is waiting for her passport. please share their number if you have it.
                  Thanks in Advance

Particulars of my wife's case
                  Case creation date: 24-apr-2013
                  Interview date: 25-apr-2013. 221g white slip with some questionnaire and cv in txt, replied the very next day.
                  Passport withdrawl: 01-may-2013
                  till may 18th the status update date on website was may 1st(Passport with drawl date). On may 18th, the status update date changed to May 17th

Comment

• My visa interview: 28th february 2013
                    Case put on hold for admin processing.
                    Previous passport request by embassy and submission on March 6th 2013, embassy recieves passport on March 7th.
                    Now today May 22nd 2013 the status date has changed to March 7th 2013. No changes previous to this date change on the CEAC website.
                    Please advise what could be going on?

Comment

• Originally posted by USER553 View Post
                      HI

I was put in 221 g in April end for H1B. Today my wife's passport status changed to "Ready for pickup". However when i check my passport status it says " No status update available for this Passport". I am really confused what does it means . As till Friday me & my wife's passport status were "Passprot is with Consulate". But today my wife's status changd & no update is available for me. I am wondering that my wife's is on H4 , so how her PP be ready without my passport.

An early reply will be highly appreciated.
                      It is reported wrong sometimes. What I have done is called helpline number and they will tell you exactly where the passport is. In your case most likely it may be ready for pickup.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by DOCMD View Post
                      My visa interview: 28th february 2013
                      Case put on hold for admin processing.
                      Previous passport request by embassy and submission on March 6th 2013, embassy recieves passport on March 7th.
                      Now today May 22nd 2013 the status date has changed to March 7th 2013. No changes previous to this date change on the CEAC website.
                      Please advise what could be going on?
                      Now I checked the status with my wife's ds number and date has been updated to may 22nd 2013.
                      Please advise

Comment

• Originally posted by DOCMD View Post
                        It is reported wrong sometimes. What I have done is called helpline number and they will tell you exactly where the passport is. In your case most likely it may be ready for pickup.

- - - Updated - - -

Now I checked the status with my wife's ds number and date has been updated to may 22nd 2013.
                        Please advise
                        You can also chat with them right now to find out the passport

Comment

• Originally posted by USER553 View Post
                          Hi

I am also stuck up in 221 white with no docs asked & both passport (me & my wife) were kept.. This is 4th week running. Surprisingly my wife got her H4 last week. however my case is still showing under admin process....
                          Have you heard any thing?
                          In my case:
                          Date of interview Feb 28th 2013, previous passport requested and submitted on March 6th.
                          Today my status date changed to march 7th but when I checked the status with my wife's ds number the date has been updated to may 22nd 2013.
                          Please advise what could this mean?

Comment

In my case:
                            Date of interview Feb 28th 2013, previous passport requested and submitted on March 6th.
                            Today my status date changed to march 7th but when I checked the status with my wife's ds number the date has been updated to may 22nd 2013.
                            No, i have nt heard anthing yet... I called VFS & DOS few times. They said my case is in admin process.. I am surprised that my wife got her h4 & i am waiting for H1.

Comment

In my case:
                              So you have been waiting for almost 2 months after passport was requested from embassy? I thought that they request the passport for visa stamping...The embassy asked for my ppt recently..

Comment

So you have been waiting for almost 2 months after passport was requested from embassy? I thought that they request the passport for visa stamping...The embassy asked for my ppt recently..
                                New valid passport was kept by embassy on the day of interview and later I was asked to submit any previous passports.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X