H1B for Project Management

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B for Project Management

Is there any challenge during H1B petition or VISA processing if I apply as "Project Manager" ?

My concern is that - will I be discouraged during VISA stamping that why your client needs "project manager" from India, why can't your client recruit an US Manager from US market ?

My background - I was working in US from 2007 to 2010 under L1B visa as specialized skilled resource - I returned back to India, and taken Managerial role now. I have an opening to travel back to US for the same client - whom I am been associated for the past 6 years.

I am wondering if I should apply in Managerial role (that I will be actually performing) or to be on a safer side just apply as "technical role" - which I can easily defend like I have strong technical skills that US market does not have? Don't know how far it matter for H1B VISA type?

please advice. thanks in advance.

Regards,
    ASARA

Any thoughts or suggestion? Since I am on duel role - I am just thinking to choose the best possible approach.

please suggest from your experience.

Comment

I think you are worrying unnecessarily. There is no such discrimination where Indian can only be techies and not managers. If you pose the require skills to be a manager, then there will be no issues in getting the petition and H1B visa. Why the company is hiring a manager from India rather than from U.S is their issue, not yours.
      Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X