Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US, B2-visintg visa or H4-Dependant visa application?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US, B2-visintg visa or H4-Dependant visa application?

Hi,
    My name is Aravind, I need an advice on whether to make a B2-visintg visa or H4-Dependant visa application

I am a India passport holder& my residential status in UK is work visa (Tier1/HSMP visa) since Feb 2008 & is valid until Dec 2012. I am making an applicaiton for UK permanent residency in Dec 2012

My Fiancée is a India passport holder& her residential status after completing her higher studies at US is H1B visa valid from 10/01/2011 to 09/09/2014. She has been living in US since Aug 2008

We both are getting married in May ’12 at India

My Fiancée will be applying for a UK dependant visa at India and will be settling with me in UK after wedding only in July 2012 due to her commitment at her current employment but, I would like to join my Fiancée at US and have a vacation before we settle down together in UK.

But, only thing concerning me is, my application for US visiting visa (B2 visa) sponsored by my Fiancée was declined under section 214 (b) in Dec2011 when we planned to spend Christmas/new year vacation together.

To prove my ties in UK I acknowledged the Consular Officer, my current employment since Feb 2008 and also stating that I own house with a mortgage loan in place but, forgot to mention about my current accounting certification course sponsored by my employer.

I would appreciate a recommendation of which visa to apply for i.e. B2 visiting visa or H4 dependant visa...also, what are the chances of my application to US visa being successful?

Your prompt response to my query would be very much appreciated

Many thanks
    Aravind

You are eligible to apply for H4 after your marriage. You don't need to show any ties with your current country when you apply for H4. Rejection of previous visa will not impact your new one. No can predict your chances of your visa getting approved.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Hi Shervin
      thanks a lot for your reply

I am registering my our marriage around mid May '12 so as to produce this document supporting my visa application, would I be able to make an appointment in advance to drop an application & attend an interview for visa at Chennai-India?

Also, would it make any difference of where I submit my applicaiton & attend the interview for H4 visa? as I am working/living at England-UK

many thanks
      Aravind

Comment

I am registering my our marriage around mid May '12 so as to produce this document supporting my visa application, would I be able to make an appointment in advance to drop an application & attend an interview for visa at Chennai-India?
        >>> Application can be fileld anytime with your marital status as maried. As of the date of the visa interview, you should be married and you should have a marriage certificate.

Also, would it make any difference of where I submit my applicaiton & attend the interview for H4 visa? as I am working/living at England-UK
        >>> It doesn't make any difference. However, it is advisable to attend the visa interview at the place where you currently live. Juts in case of a 221g / amdin process, you may get stuck if you attaned the visa interview at some other place and if consulate holds your passport. If you attend the visa interview in U.K (where you live and work) and if there was a 221g issued for additional admin processing, then you can still continue with your day to day activities while the admin process is been done at the consulate.

Comment

hi Shervin,
          I really appreciate your advice to all my queries

Many thanks
          Aravind

Comment

Hi Shervin
            Would it possible to confirm the listed documents below, that I need to start preparing, so as to submit them during my H4 Dependant visa interview; please do comment if at all I have missed any documents

Documents from my side:
            • Passport
            • Photos
            • Confirmation page of online submitted Form DS-160 with CEAC bar code
            • Visa fees-payment to be made in advance & confirmation to be printed
            • Original interview appointment letter and one copy
            • Original marriage certificate
            • Wedding photos
            • Wedding invitation card

Documents from my Fiancée side
            • Photocopy of valid H1Bvisa
            • Photocopy of all 36 pages of the passport
            • Form I-797 notice of action – original & copy
            • Form I-129 – Original &copy
            • Pay stubs for current calendar year
            • Income tax returns / Federal tax returns (IRS Form 1040 and W-2s) for all the years employed in U.S. on the H-1B visa
            • Letter from my Fiancée employer stating my relationship and the purpose of travel (is there a sample letter for this letter?????)
            • Employer reference letter
            • Latest 6 months bank statements

I would be grateful to your prompt reply

Kind regards
            Aravind

Comment

I think you got everything. There is no specific template for the employment verification letter. Any letter in the employer's letterhead mentining the candidate is working for them (with full name, designation, period of employment, roles and responsibilities) will do. Also, if the primary H1B holder is working at the client site, then a client letter will be very helpful.

Also, check the below link.
              https://www.immihelp.com/h4-visa-stamping-documents/

Originally posted by aravind2904 View Post
              Hi Shervin
              Would it possible to confirm the listed documents below, that I need to start preparing, so as to submit them during my H4 Dependant visa interview; please do comment if at all I have missed any documents

Documents from my side:
              • Passport
              • Photos
              • Confirmation page of online submitted Form DS-160 with CEAC bar code
              • Visa fees-payment to be made in advance & confirmation to be printed
              • Original interview appointment letter and one copy
              • Original marriage certificate
              • Wedding photos
              • Wedding invitation card

Documents from my Fiancée side
              • Photocopy of valid H1Bvisa
              • Photocopy of all 36 pages of the passport
              • Form I-797 notice of action – original & copy
              • Form I-129 – Original &copy
              • Pay stubs for current calendar year
              • Income tax returns / Federal tax returns (IRS Form 1040 and W-2s) for all the years employed in U.S. on the H-1B visa
              • Letter from my Fiancée employer stating my relationship and the purpose of travel (is there a sample letter for this letter?????)
              • Employer reference letter
              • Latest 6 months bank statements

I would be grateful to your prompt reply

Kind regards
              Aravind

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X