221g green slip New Delhi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interview Date on March 1st 2012 @New Delhi visa consulate

issued 221g green slip. Required papers submitted on March 2nd.

No updates yet!

Comment

Hi there....
      I am going through very same situation. I had my H1B renewal stamping at Delhi consulate couple of days back. VO gave me 221g and she said, I can submit all the documents she asked for right away or send it to consulate via courier. I told VO that I have all the documents on me and I submitted to her. She took my passport back and 221g Green Slip too. She did not give me any case number or a copy of Green Slip. She did not take Original I-797 Approval notice even. My employer told me to submit Original I-797 at local VFS center but local VFS center said they can not take it as I do not have any written evidence that US Consulate - New Delhi requires me to submit it.

Did you get any reply? I think we both have been interviewed by the same VO. Please let me know if you get any reply. she told me the same thing as she told you. I think it is weird that she took back 221g and did not give us any copy, Dont you think? Lets keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best.

Originally posted by checkdetails View Post
      Hi

I have a visa interview for my H1B last week.

every thing goes fine but at the end of an interview consulor given me a 221g slip asking for some more documents.
      i replied that i have these documents available right away
      so, she replied fine then arrange the documents and give it to me i handed over all the documents to consulor at the same time and she asked me to leave as she want to study my case in a afternoon and then only she willl take any decision.

now its almost a week but there is not status update or any news from embassy.

Please suggest over this.

Comment

Hello friends....received a message from VFS regarding my case...

Dear Sir/Ma'am,

As per the US Embassy application is pending under Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) for mandatory administrative processing. Please note that there is no definite time period for administrative processing. When administrative processing is required, the timing will vary depending on circumstances of each case. Be assured that the U.S. embassy will contact you if the administrative processing is complete or if they require additional information.

Regards,
        VFS

what is mandatory administrative processing? Is anything wrong...

Comment

Shervin,

mandatory administrative processing is something different than general processing?

did anyone received same kind of message from VFS? Pls reply me.

Comment

@jsrtvu

Originally posted by JSRTVU View Post
            Shervin,

mandatory administrative processing is something different than general processing?

did anyone received same kind of message from VFS? Pls reply me.
            Hello,
            This is their standard reply when you inquire about case. Myself and my employer got this standard reply each time we inquire about my case..! I am stuck more than 4 months now..! I have a question, does it make any difference if they keep the passport with them at the time of interview???? my passport is with them since the day of my interview, i thought my process would be much faster as VO did not return my passport back to me..!!!

Regards

Comment

There is no difference.

Shervin,
              Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

That assumption is not correct. Irrespective of whether the passport is with them or with you, then time that takes for the admin process is exactly the same and even VOs might know how much it would actually take to get the 221g resolved at the time of the interview.

Originally posted by dilemma221g View Post
                I have a question, does it make any difference if they keep the passport with them at the time of interview???? my passport is with them since the day of my interview, i thought my process would be much faster as VO did not return my passport back to me..!!!

Regards

Comment

@Shervin

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
                  That assumption is not correct. Irrespective of whether the passport is with them or with you, then time that takes for the admin process is exactly the same and even VOs might know how much it would actually take to get the 221g resolved at the time of the interview.
                  I have another question regarding approximate time period after employer verification done.. in my case it is done on first week of march.. no news after that from the embassy..!!!

Comment

Well, how do yo know that employer verification is the only thing that they want to do on your admin processing? No one can really predict the time frame. There could be other reasons why it is getting deplayed.

Originally posted by dilemma221g View Post
                    I have another question regarding approximate time period after employer verification done.. in my case it is done on first week of march.. no news after that from the embassy..!!!

Comment

@Shervin

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
                      Well, how do yo know that employer verification is the only thing that they want to do on your admin processing? No one can really predict the time frame. There could be other reasons why it is getting deplayed.
                      Hey thanks for your reply..!

Comment

Hello everyone,

Any good news to share from New Delhi embassy???

Comment

Hello everyone..
                          Sorry to keep posting same thing every week..!!!
                          Any update from New delhi embassy..??? Anyone still waiting since Nov./Dec. '11???
                          have not seen updates from Delhi lately..!!! I figured out that recently more cases are getting cleared from Mumbai embassy..!!! Any advice/suggestions/questions..!!!????

Comment

@vedika

Originally posted by Vedika View Post
                            I have attended my interview in second week of Dec'11 till date there is no news.Kindly provide useful site where I can check my case status.
                            Thanks
                            Hi Vedika,
                            Any good news for you from the embassy??? If not then is your passport still with the embassy???

your reply is appreciated.

Regards

Comment

@jsrtvu

Interview Date on March 1st 2012 @New Delhi visa consulate

issued 221g green slip. Required papers submitted on March 2nd.

No updates yet!
                              Hi there,

Any update from your side JSRTVU???

Comment

@Hak2918

Originally posted by Hak2918 View Post
                                Hi there....
                                I am going through very same situation. I had my H1B renewal stamping at Delhi consulate couple of days back. VO gave me 221g and she said, I can submit all the documents she asked for right away or send it to consulate via courier. I told VO that I have all the documents on me and I submitted to her. She took my passport back and 221g Green Slip too. She did not give me any case number or a copy of Green Slip. She did not take Original I-797 Approval notice even. My employer told me to submit Original I-797 at local VFS center but local VFS center said they can not take it as I do not have any written evidence that US Consulate - New Delhi requires me to submit it.

Did you get any reply? I think we both have been interviewed by the same VO. Please let me know if you get any reply. she told me the same thing as she told you. I think it is weird that she took back 221g and did not give us any copy, Dont you think? Lets keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best.
                                hey Hak2918
                                Any news for the embassy for you???

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X