Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• h1 visa help

Hi

I have h-1 from company A and company B, both direct employer. My wife's H-4 visa is on hold with company B and I am currently working for company B. Company B is not ready to provide confidential documents.
    Que: I am planning to visit India and go for stamping for company B, Can I reapply my wife's H-4 Visa with me. I heard that there are more chances to get visa if we apply together h-1 and h-4.
    Que: Do i need to withdraw my wife's current H-4 application, How?
    Que: if in case i get same 221g as my wife and company B is not ready to provide documents, Can I reapply with company A? what other documents do i need from company A?

thank you

Que: I am planning to visit India and go for stamping for company B, Can I reapply my wife's H-4 Visa with me. I heard that there are more chances to get visa if we apply together h-1 and h-4.
    >>> Yes.

Que: Do i need to withdraw my wife's current H-4 application
    >>> Yes.

How?
    >>> Ask your wife to write a letter to the consulate stating that she like to withdraw the H4 vis application. Attach enough information to identify the application(passport number etc).

Que: if in case i get same 221g as my wife and company B is not ready to provide documents, Can I reapply with company A?
    >>> Yes.

what other documents do i need from company A?

Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Hello,

Que: If VO ask during visa interview about reason for withdrawing my wife's H-4 visa application, what would be the best answer?

Que: In DS-160, should i mentioned application was withdraw for h-4 visa application?

Please reply me

Thank you

Comment

Que: If VO ask during visa interview about reason for withdrawing my wife's H-4 visa application, what would be the best answer?
        >>> Well, whatever was the actual reasonf or withdrawing. You can mention that you did not get the requested documents form the employer at that time.

Que: In DS-160, should i mentioned application was withdraw for h-4 visa application?
        >>> You need to mention it as visa rejection while filing new DS160.

Comment

My H1 shows amended ?

Please help me out :

step1: My company logged H1b (129)

step2 :it got approved on March 8th 2012

step3 : My company has not send only me for Visa stamping (others who got my time got stamped)

step4 : I started follow up ,they told that they have not recived the Hard copy of petition - My follow up I extended till the person who logged the LCA.

step5: Till Now, he has not updated me any thing.

Step6 : Now On today (april4th 2012) my USCIS portel shows like below

n April 4, 2012, an amended notice on this case was mailed describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on the notice. This case is being processed at our VERMONT SERVICE CENTER location. If this I129 PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER is still pending, you will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

what is the meaning of above status ?

Comment

It is hard to say what the notice is for. Check with the employer. They would have received the notice sent by USCIS. There will be enough information.

Comment

hey Shervin,

I need your guidance,
              Is it my right decision to withdraw application and reapply h-4 and h-1 together? what are the chances that they would give same 221g as my Wife.
              please suggest me...

Thank you

Comment

Is it my right decision to withdraw application and reapply h-4 and h-1 together?
                >>> Well, you can certainly do that.

what are the chances that they would give same 221g as my Wife.
                >>> Well, it is possible. What you will be doing is taking a chance.

Comment

Thanks for reply,

let say, they gave me same 221g...
                  Can I ask them same time that my Employer is not willing to provide confidential documents..would they understand?

Thanks

Comment

Well, if the employer is not willing to provide the documents, then your 221g will never get cleared. Your only option at that point is to find a new employer.

Originally posted by rpatel59 View Post
                    Thanks for reply,

let say, they gave me same 221g...
                    Can I ask them same time that my Employer is not willing to provide confidential documents..would they understand?

Thanks

Comment

OK Thank you

so In opinion is it a good decision to withdraw application reapply for H-1 and h-4 together?
                      I am confused,,,please help me

Thank you

Comment

No one can predict what might happen. When you withdraw and apply, both H1B and H4 can get approved or you may end up getting the same 221g. This is something a member of a forum can predict. The best option in your case is to find a better employer and apply for the visa again. There is no point in working for an employer who is not ready to help you with the documents required for stamping.

OK Thank you

so In opinion is it a good decision to withdraw application reapply for H-1 and h-4 together?
                        I am confused,,,please help me

Thank you

Comment

Thanks Shervin for reply,

I have make my plan to visit India first week of May, I have not withdraw my wife's H-4 application yet.
                          Que: It is advisable in your opinion to write email to Mumbai consulate stating that my Employer is not willing to provide confidential documents, is there any alternative?

I did called VFS helpline number, and they replied that I need to write an email to Mumbai consulate.

Please guide me

Thank you

Comment

Well, if you decide to withdraw the H4 application, then your wife will need to write a letter to the consulate mentioning that she would like to withdraw the application as her spouse's employer is not willing to share the confidential documents. There is no other alternative. Better find a good employer.

Thanks Shervin for reply,

I have make my plan to visit India first week of May, I have not withdraw my wife's H-4 application yet.
                            Que: It is advisable in your opinion to write email to Mumbai consulate stating that my Employer is not willing to provide confidential documents, is there any alternative?

I did called VFS helpline number, and they replied that I need to write an email to Mumbai consulate.

Please guide me

Thank you

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                            X