H4 Interview waiver question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Interview waiver question

Hi, on the VFS site it is mentioned the conditions for interview waiver for adults as well and it seems my wife may qualify for it...the only doubt is about this condition:

"If I am applying for a J2, L2, or H4 visa, my prior visa in the same category expired within the last 12 months or is still valid" ( why would anyone go to stamping if VISA is still valid ?, unless it is about the actual H4 status or I missed a point in there )

so that statement prompts this doubt for me, when it says prior VISA expiry, is it
    A. the last VISA stamp expiry date as in her PP? (expired in 2009)
    or
    B. the most recent status of H4 VISA expiry?(her I797A for H4 expired just 1 day ago on may 29th, 2012 as part of renewal when she was in US)

thank you
    Last edited by gkr747; 05-30-2012, 04:36 PM.

"If I am applying for a J2, L2, or H4 visa, my prior visa in the same category expired within the last 12 months or is still valid" ( why would anyone go to stamping if VISA is still valid ?, unless it is about the actual H4 status or I missed a point in there )
    >>> There can be a lot of reason why people may want to get their visa stamped agan for the same category when they already have one. Here are a couple of them.
    1) Name change and they want the change to be updated in the visa.
    2) Visa has only few weeks of validity, but they have an extended petition (I-797 of the primary H1B holder). Applying for a new visa will get them an extended visa in the passport.

so that statement prompts this doubt for me, when it says prior VISA expiry, is it
    A. the last VISA stamp expiry date as in her PP? (expired in 2009)
    or
    B. the most recent status of H4 VISA expiry?(her I797A for H4 expired just 1 day ago on may 29th, 2012 as part of renewal when she was in US)
    >>> The question asks about the visa expiry in the passport and not about any of her or your petitions.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

that is very clear..thank you!

Comment

Shrevin, sorry did not want to start a new thread as this is still for H4 related....

In the H4 list below

under "Supporting Documents" section it is mentioned

"Photocopy of Principal applicants valid VISA (if applying seperately)"
        yes she is applying seperately as I am not attending but both me and my wife do not have a valid VISA in the PP. Only have my valid 797 petition which she will take. VISA in our PP's are expired. what do we do in this case?

Comment

That is not an issue. Just give a copy of your expired visa in the passport.

Originally posted by gkr747 View Post
          Shrevin, sorry did not want to start a new thread as this is still for H4 related....

In the H4 list below

under "Supporting Documents" section it is mentioned

"Photocopy of Principal applicants valid VISA (if applying seperately)"
          yes she is applying seperately as I am not attending but both me and my wife do not have a valid VISA in the PP. Only have my valid 797 petition which she will take. VISA in our PP's are expired. what do we do in this case?
          Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X