Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• convert h4 to l2 or l1 visa

i know that H4 visa doesnt allow you to work,

is there any possibility that i can convert my visa status from H4 TO L1 OR L2?

if my husband is not ready to change his H1 TO L1 then what other options are for me?

i know that H4 visa doesnt allow you to work,
    is there any possibility that i can convert my visa status from H4 TO L1 OR L2?
    >>> Your husband should be in L1 for you to convert to L2. L1 is for intra company transfer. Check the below link to see if you even you or your husband qualifies for L1.

https://www.immihelp.com/employment-...-document-ead/

if my husband is not ready to change his H1 TO L1 then what other options are for me?
    >>> Find an employer who can file H1B for you. You cannot work until your status chages from H4 to H1B.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

i m trying my best to find employer, but its not possible because, H4 visa not allowed to work, is it happen ever that H4 visa holder got H1B sponsorship?

Comment

Lot of H4 holders have successfully found H1B sponsorships. You cannot work in H4 status. But the employer can file H1B and when it gets approved as a COS, you can start working. If it is a fresh new H1B, then the effective date of the H1B will be on or after Oct 1st. You just need to find an employer who can wait until your H1B becomes effective.

Originally posted by MEDHA24 View Post
        i m trying my best to find employer, but its not possible because, H4 visa not allowed to work, is it happen ever that H4 visa holder got H1B sponsorship?
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

i am living in minneapolis, i am not able to find any employer who can give me job though i have got good experience just because i am not on L2 and i am on H4 visa.

i am not even getting any employer who can say that "sorry we cant wait till october"

Comment

convert h4 to l2 or l1 visa

Well a lot depends upon your skill sets too. You should be flexible and be ready for travel. Look beyond your current location. If you have the right skill sets I am sure there are employers looking for prospective H1s. You would have to hurry up as the Cap is nearing completion. This is my personal opinion not legal advice.

Comment

I think this year i cant find any sponsor who can file H1B visa for me, now when i can try again?

Comment

convert h4 to l2 or l1 visa

If you are not eligible for L1 and your husband is not on L1 you cannot get L2. You can try finding a sponsor to file your H1 in 2014 Cap which will open April 2013 and you can start work for them only after Oct 2013. This is my opinion do seek expert help too.

Comment

Other path many H4's take is a do a Master's on F1 and get OPT. Make sure you stay away from unaccredited diploma mills though.
                  This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

what is the process of getting admission in master programs in usa., i have one university name globeuniversity in my location, but what is the procedure, i dont have any knowledge. by taking admission there, what is process then, i mean , it will take me 1 year to complete till that time i have F1 VISA status, mean while if i get any sponsorship then, how it will change to H1. Please explain me all these.

and for F1 visa, do i have to go for interview in US GOVT.

Comment

Check out University of Minnesota.
                      The process is to first get admission to the University. Then you can apply to change status to F1. You can also begin studying on H4 status.
                      This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X