Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B approval time

HI,

I have applied for my wife's H1B for this year and i got the receipt on 9th Apr 2012. There is no movement in the case and it still says initial review. When can i expect the result.

Also has anyone got the approval/RFE or rejection? I have applied in normal processing and not premium processing.

What is the max time in which i will get to know the status.

Thanks
    Amul

2-4 months by normal process and 15 days by premium.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

thanks shervin143

Comment

is there other forum where people keep track of the application and they discuss who's got approved and who's got rejected or a forum with people in the same situation..

Comment

My friend's application was filed in premium and reached USCIS office on 4th Jul 2012. But her employer says that they have not received the receipt number yet. Is that possible?

Comment

H1B approval time

Hello

My petition reached USCIS on 15th May 2012 and I got the tracking number. It is applied under premium processing. The status is in Initial Review. For premium processing the approval time is 15 days, but I do not see the status updated yet. Does USCIS take time to update the status in the uscis portal. Any comments on this , Please let me know.. Thanks!!

Regards
            Sam

Comment

Within how many days did you get the receipt number?

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
                2-4 months by normal process and 15 days by premium.
                Hi Shervin it is almost going to 210 days in my case there is no news regarding the same.Since USICS officials already visited the office in US three weeks back and there is no sign of my H1B status.How to proceed further? Please guide.Thanks

Comment

If it is more than 90 days, then your attorney should take an infopass appointment with USCIS to discuss the case. It is never advisable to stay this long without getting a decision on. If the extension is denied, then all the time spend in U.S without a valid I-94 will be treated as illegal stay and you can get upto 3 years of ban from entering U.S. You should have asked your attorney to take the infopass appointment or should have upgraded the case to premium to get the result in 15 days. Be prepared to leave the country in 30 days if you don't get a response.
                  https://www.immihelp.com/infopass-ap...nt-with-uscis/

Originally posted by Vedika View Post
                  Hi Shervin it is almost going to 210 days in my case there is no news regarding the same.Since USICS officials already visited the office in US three weeks back and there is no sign of my H1B status.How to proceed further? Please guide.Thanks

Comment

Hi,

My H1B docs were submitted to USCIS on April 9th. As it's regular visa, it may take 2 to 4 months. I just want to check what's the chance of getting RFE.

Most of them got an update whose status is RFE and who submitted at the same time when my docs were submitted. But i didn't get any update as of now apart from receipt number. Status is "Initial review" for 2 months. can i assume that my visa is processing and i will not get RFE?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Regards,
                    Sam
                    Last edited by Sam M; 06-15-2012, 05:04 AM.

Comment

Nothing is sure until you get the approval notice in hand.

Originally posted by Sam M View Post
                      Hi,

My H1B docs were submitted to USCIS on April 9th. As it's regular visa, it may take 2 to 4 months. I just want to check what's the chance of getting RFE.

Most of them got an update whose status is RFE and who submitted at the same time when my docs were submitted. But i didn't get any update as of now apart from receipt number. Status is "Initial review" for 2 months. can i assume that my visa is processing and i will not get RFE?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Regards,
                      Sam
                      Last edited by shervin143; 06-15-2012, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
                        Nothing is sure anything until you get the approval notice is hand.
                        Thanks Shervin for the information.

Comment

Reg. Update my case is picked in lottery

Hi Really appriciate if you can answer my question, my question is how long it usually takes for regular processing of H1-B,I just want to convert into premium, so my question is when I will get update my case is picked in lottery or not
                          Originally posted by Sam M View Post
                          Thanks Shervin for the information.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                          X