DS-160 form for H4 visa - Degrees and Marklists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS-160 form for H4 visa - Degrees and Marklists

I am filling out DS-160 for my wife's H4 visa. She is currently in India. I have following questions

1 -In the prev Work/Education/training section, I specified her degree details. Does she need to take her degree and marklists when she goes for visa appointment.Those documents are with me in US.

2 - Can we make visa appointment first and then submit the application. We already have HDFC receipt number.

3 -Does she also need to carry my degree and marklist. I searched some web sites. Some mentioned about it & some did not.

Thanks for your help

I am filling out DS-160 for my wife's H4 visa. She is currently in India. I have following questions

1 -In the prev Work/Education/training section, I specified her degree details. Does she need to take her degree and marklists when she goes for visa appointment.Those documents are with me in US.
    >>> Yes. It may not be asked. But it is definetely advisable to take them during the visa interview.

2 - Can we make visa appointment first and then submit the application. We already have HDFC receipt number.
    >>> You cannot schedule the visa appointment without completing the DS160.

3 -Does she also need to carry my degree and marklist. I searched some web sites. Some mentioned about it & some did not.
    >>> Not required.

Check the below link for the list of documents needed for the H4 stamping.
    https://www.immihelp.com/h4-visa-stamping-documents/
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post

>>> Yes. It may not be asked. But it is definetely advisable to take them during the visa interview.

>>> You cannot schedule the visa appointment without completing the DS160.

>>> Not required.

Check the below link for the list of documents needed for the H4 stamping.
      https://www.immihelp.com/h4-visa-stamping-documents/
      Thank you Shevrin. That link says she need to carry original birth certificate of each child. In her case, she is going for her H4 visa only. Our son is american citizen. Does she still need to carry original birth certificate of our son?

Comment

Son's birth certificate is not required since you are not applying H4 for your son. Original marriage certificate is required though.

Originally posted by darkblue View Post
        Thank you Shevrin. That link says she need to carry original birth certificate of each child. In her case, she is going for her H4 visa only. Our son is american citizen. Does she still need to carry original birth certificate of our son?
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X