Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• buy real estate / rental property

Hi

I am on currently on H1B visa and my perm has been applied recently. I am considering to buy a rental property with couple of tenents renting the property. I can I buy a rental property and receive the monthly rent from tenents?

will it impact my currrent green card processing? any restriction on owning a rental propery on H1b and claim rents as additional income

thanks

1. Yes.
    2. No problem.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

usally tenents pay the rents through checks. I just need to collect the checks from them and if they complain about any repiar I may have to call service provders to fix it. other than that I do not need to manage any thing on the property. will it be considered as managing the property. or I should not do any maintainence on the property

thanks

Comment

I am guess my question is what is not allowed on rental property being on H1b?

appreciate any response on it

Comment

All these activities are considered passive investment and not employment. Therefore, there is no problem.
          Immihelp Support
          No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Is it legal to get rental income on H1b

Is it legal to get rental income on H1b? I am planning to buy a new property and rent my current home. Also the tenant sends me check every month and incase of any maintainance he calls me, and I send the handy man for repair. Is it okay to do so?

Comment

As far as I know it is not legal process but still, if you want then you can contact

Comment

Collecting rent is fine.
                Property management, on the other hand, violates the terms of your visa.

"Also the tenant sends me check every month" -- Yes
                " incase of any maintainance he calls me, and I send the handy man for repair. Is it okay to do so?" -- No, not fine

Hire a property manager

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X