Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

L1A Blanket - Few Clarifications Required before my visa interview. Thanks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1A Blanket - Few Clarifications Required before my visa interview. Thanks.

Hello,

I'm going to appear for L1A Manager Blanket Visa Interview in coming weeks in Chennai with my spouse and 1 Kid.

My questions,

1. I work for product base company, in my current role in (india) i carry team lead designation and perform managerial activities having 8 direct reports and 18 indirect reports. My duties includes performance appraisal, Hiring, training and overall deliverables. All these details are mentioned in the supporting documents in the petition. USCIS also approved my L1A blanket already. And I report to director.

2. In my proposed role in USA i offered as Manager with direct reports of 7 and indirect around 20+ however the team will be enabled or formed only after my arrival in USA (As business is waiting for my arrival). In the Organization Chart it is mentioned as no of engineers as my direct reports without their names. How to present this particular information to VO when he ask about US direct reports?
    3. Is that mandatory to have even more bigger team/direct reports in the USA proposed role than the current size (7 direct reports and 20 indirect reports) ?
    4. By the way i also offered decent salary in USA.
    5. Do you for see any risk or challenges from the above said points in getting my visa approval ?
    If yes please recommend or suggest anything important or useful for my interview preparation to clear the visa interview.
    Also advise me if i need to carry any other supportive documents apart from petition information which would help to address the above mention points.

Your help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by sairam@1; 02-27-2019, 05:07 PM.

Originally posted by sairam@1 View Post
    1. I work for product base company, in my current role in (india) i carry team lead designation and perform managerial activities having 8 direct reports and 18 indirect reports. My duties includes performance appraisal, Hiring, training and overall deliverables. All these details are mentioned in the supporting documents in the petition. USCIS also approved my L1A blanket already. And I report to director.
    Good to know.
    2. In my proposed role in USA i offered as Manager with direct reports of 7 and indirect around 20+ however the team will be enabled or formed only after my arrival in USA (As business is waiting for my arrival). In the Organization Chart it is mentioned as no of engineers as my direct reports without their names. How to present this particular information to VO when he ask about US direct reports?
    Just keep some names handy & share those names during interview confidently.
    3. Is that mandatory to have even more bigger team/direct reports in the USA proposed role than the current size (7 direct reports and 20 indirect reports) ?
    Nothing as such, I've seen people with 2 reportees got their visa approved.
    4. By the way i also offered decent salary in USA.
    Good to know.
    5. Do you for see any risk or challenges from the above said points in getting my visa approval ?
    If yes please recommend or suggest anything important or useful for my interview preparation to clear the visa interview.
    An approved L1 petition in your hand means you've almost won the battle - generally with an approved L1 individual petition, VO won't ask more than 4 simple questions like name of the company, salary etc.
    Also advise me if i need to carry any other supportive documents apart from petition information which would help to address the above mention points.
    Better to carry as much documentations as you can, rather feeling sorry later. Even for a slight doubt for any document to carry or not, the answer is "carry it".
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
      Good to know.

---------Thanks for your time in answering all the questions, have few more doubts mentioned below each of your answer please check and reply.

---- In the provided US Org Chart by employer my direct reports mentioned as "TBH" so how i can propose the names ? will it be problem if the team is not ready ?

-----Ok But my direct reports all of them are yet to hire though the numbers are mentioned.

Good to know.
      Thanks - What is the VO look for Decent salary for L1A manager catagory.?

An approved L1 petition in your hand means you've almost won the battle - generally with an approved L1 individual petition, VO won't ask more than 4 simple questions like name of the company, salary etc.
      --------Good to hear small correction, mine is L1A blanket Petition not L1A individual Petition so still i can assume I won the battle having "Approved L1A blanket petition"?

Better to carry as much documentations as you can, rather feeling sorry later. Even for a slight doubt for any document to carry or not, the answer is "carry it".
      ---------Thank You definitely.

My new question:
      What is the recommended Attire - I'm thinking to go with formal shirt with Tie and Trouser. OR Formal shirt, Trouser with a Plain formal Blazzar (or) Coat without tie.

The petition I received in Hard copy which is approved by USCIS will be available online? During visa interview VO can look at the same submitting Petition in online to confirm the submitted hard copies are similar to
      available petition online. (In case, if employer ask to add additional pages in the supporting document other than I129 in the original received petition from USA, just curious if they see the difference?)

Comment

---------Thanks for your time in answering all the questions, have few more doubts mentioned below each of your answer please check and reply.

---- In the provided US Org Chart by employer my direct reports mentioned as "To Be Hire (TBH)" so how i can propose the names ? will it be problem if the team is not ready for my visa approval ?

-----Ok But my direct reports all of them are yet to hire though the numbers are mentioned.

Good to know.
        Thanks - What is the Decent salary VO expect to have for L1A manager category.? (for visa approval one of the factor)

--------Good to hear small correction, mine is L1A blanket Petition not L1A individual Petition so still i can assume I won the battle having "Approved L1A blanket petition"?

Better to carry as much documentations as you can, rather feeling sorry later. Even for a slight doubt for any document to carry or not, the answer is "carry it".[/QUOTE]
        ---------Thank You definitely.

My additional 2 new questions:
        What is the recommended Attire/Dress to wear - I'm thinking to go with formal shirt with Tie and Trouser. OR Formal shirt, Trouser with a Plain Blaazar/Coat without tie.

The USCIS approved petition I received in Hard copy will also be available online? During visa interview do VO can look at the submitting Petition in online to confirm the submitted hard copies are similar to
        available petition online. (In case, if employer ask to add additional pages in the supporting document other than I129 in the original received petition from USA, just curious if they see the difference?)

Thanks once again,

Comment

My additional 2 new questions:
          What is the recommended Attire/Dress to wear - I'm thinking to go with formal shirt with Tie and Trouser. OR Formal shirt, Trouser with a Plain Blaazar/Coat without tie.
          Try to look like an international manager. An tie/blazer is not required, but whatever formal suits your look. Some people looks more professional in simple Trouser & formal shirt.
          The USCIS approved petition I received in Hard copy will also be available online? During visa interview do VO can look at the submitting Petition in online to confirm the submitted hard copies are similar to available petition online. (In case, if employer ask to add additional pages in the supporting document other than I129 in the original received petition from USA, just curious if they see the difference?)
          They do have view for the I797 issued to you. I129 doesn't matter much for extra documents.

Hope this helps.
          - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

Comment

Try to look like an international manager. An tie/blazer is not required, but whatever formal suits your look. Some people looks more professional in simple Trouser & formal shirt.

Thank You Sure

They do have view for the I797 issued to you. I129 doesn't matter much for extra documents.

Thanks once again because there is some additional changes in US Org Chart.

Hope this helps.
            -
            Definitely Yes, please answer my additional set of questions below.

I'm waiting for my other answers (in my previous reply added here)

You asked me to keep some names handy, however my direct reports (all of them ) are yet to hire, only we the numbers and mentioned "To be Hire" in the ORG CHART will that be an problem?
            I remember you mentioned 2 of reportees also approved for someone but in my case no desired names except the number of reportees and designation mentioned, so what you feel about this?.

What is the Decent salary VO expect to have for L1A manager category to consider and approve the visa.? (in case if it is considered as one of the factor for approval).

You said already i won the battle, Good to hear but small correction, mine is L1A blanket Petition not L1A individual Petition so still i can feel good and assume I won the battle having "Approved L1A blanket petition"? :-)

Thanks so far help and support.

Comment

Hope this helps.

Definitely Yes, please answer my additional set of questions below.

You asked me to keep some names handy, however my direct reports (all of them ) are yet to hire, only we the numbers and mentioned "To be Hire" in the ORG CHART will that be an problem?
              I remember you mentioned 2 of reportees also approved for someone but in my case no desired names except the number of reportees and designation mentioned, so what you feel about this?.

What is the Decent salary VO expect to have for L1A manager category to consider and approve the visa.? (in case if it is considered as one of the factor for approval).

You said already i won the battle, Good to hear but small correction, mine is L1A blanket Petition not L1A individual Petition so still i can feel good and assume I won the battle having "Approved L1A blanket petition"? :-)

Thanks......

Comment

Not a problem, you can still say that you are yet to build your team once you reach here - L1A is the visa for person starting a new division or new branch of the organization.
                It depends, an $100K in Omaha, Nebraska is much more better than $200K in San Francisco, CA.
                Oh.. my mistake, let me take my words back here.

Blanket petition is still 50-50 only.

Comment

Not a problem, you can still say that you are yet to build your team once you reach here - L1A is the visa for person starting a new division or new branch of the organization.

It depends, an $100K in Omaha, Nebraska is much more better than $200K in San Francisco, CA.

Oh.. my mistake, let me take my words back here.

Blanket petition is still 50-50 only.
                  Hi

I got another latest updates from my organization that they decided to have smaller team under me initially in US , i will be having only 3 direct reports and no indirect reports for now.
                  After 1st phase of project successful deliverable, they will extend the team size where my direct reports will be increased to 7 - 10 and typically i will be having indirect reports as well due to other functions.
                  As you mentioned in the past some of the visas approved with 2 direct reports, im hoping my chances of visa approval should be positive without considering the small direct reports i.e. 3 now.

Thank You so much for all the information so far, my last question - about the salary part USD 115k + performance bonus and relocation 15K, is good for visa approval.?
                  Last edited by sairam@1; 03-03-2019, 04:52 PM.

Comment

I got another latest updates from my organization that they decided to have smaller team under me initially in US , i will be having only 3 direct reports and no indirect reports for now.
                    After 1st phase of project successful deliverable, they will extend the team size where my direct reports will be increased to 7 - 10 and typically i will be having indirect reports as well due to other functions.
                    As you mentioned in the past some of the visas approved with 2 direct reports, im hoping my chances of visa approval should be positive without considering the small direct reports i.e. 3 now.
                    Good to know.
                    Thank You so much for all the information so far, my last question - about the salary part USD 115k + performance bonus and relocation 15K, is good for visa approval.?
                    As I mentioned earlier, it depends on your work location.

Comment

Good to know.
                      Thanks

As I mentioned earlier, it depends on your work location.
                      State: Connecticut Region, what do you say now ?

Thanks for your all the answers.

Comment

State: Connecticut Region, what do you say now ?

Thanks for your all the answers.
                        Should be good enough.

Comment

Should be good enough.
                          Thank You Mr.Libra_14, Fingers crossed, hoping for the best, I will post the result soon.

Have a good day.

Comment

L1A Blanket not approved on March 14 2019- VO issued 221G

Hello Sir,

Today I had my L1A Blanket Interview and not approved, would like to share my experience,

I went with my family, submitted triplets of I-129S, 797 and Ds 160 appointment receipt with my passport.

Vo asked 6 questions i answered them all,

1. What is your company name?
                            YYYY

2. Why do you travel to USA and your job duties there?
                            Explained the reason for my transfer and my roles, duties.

3. What is your Salary?
                            YYYY

4. What is your office location?
                            YYYY

5. Will you work in client location or anywhere else?
                            I mentioned my location would be my parent company because its product base company not in client location.

6. How many direct report you have?
                            I mentioned its 3.

After All, VO issued form 221g saying your visa is not clearly approvable, i'm completely shocked and disappointed because - all my documents in terms of total experience, current company experience in India location, all are upto the mark including my US proposed salary. But i'm not sure what went wrong for the rejection.
                            VO not taken some time to verify my letters from my company/attorney (to support the petition, G 28, or org chart any other documents i carried).
                            He not looked at my I-129S and nor asked any questions to my spouse.
                            He only viewed Ds 160 online in the system and keep typing!
                            Finally he said not cleary approvable.

:-( Now what i should do next!
                            Is there something can turn positive with the help of company after receiving 221g ?
                            Or should go for individual petition where you usually propose to go for Individual Petition(looked in some of the answers) !
                            what is the success rate for individual petition?
                            Do I need to ask my company to process for Individual petition? (I'm going to contact my attorney and HR today to share this feedback on received 221g form)?

Thank You.
                            Last edited by sairam@1; 03-14-2019, 06:51 AM.

Comment

Hello Sir,

Today I had my L1A Blanket Interview and not approved, would like to share my experience,

I went with my family, submitted triplets of I-129S, 797 and Ds 160 appointment receipt with my passport.

Vo asked 6 questions i answered them all,

1. What is your company name?
                              YYYY

2. Why do you travel to USA and your job duties there?
                              Explained the reason for my transfer and my roles, duties.

3. What is your Salary?
                              YYYY

4. What is your office location?
                              YYYY

5. Will you work in client location or anywhere else?
                              I mentioned my location would be my parent company because its product base company not in client location.

6. How many direct report you have?
                              I mentioned its 3.

After All, VO issued form 221g saying your visa is not clearly approvable, i'm completely shocked and disappointed because - all my documents in terms of total experience, current company experience in India location, all are upto the mark including my US proposed salary. But i'm not sure what went wrong for the rejection.
                              VO not taken some time to verify my letters from my company/attorney (to support the petition, G 28, or org chart any other documents i carried).
                              He not looked at my I-129S and nor asked any questions to my spouse.
                              He only viewed Ds 160 online in the system and keep typing!
                              Finally he said not cleary approvable.

:-( Now what i should do next!
                              Is there something can turn positive with the help of company after receiving 221g ?
                              Or should go for individual petition where you usually propose to go for Individual Petition(looked in some of the answers) !
                              what is the success rate for individual petition?
                              Do I need to ask my company to process for Individual petition? (I'm going to contact my attorney and HR today to share this feedback on received 221g form)?

Thank You.
                              Individual petition is the only option you have. Best of luck !!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X