Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying for new L1B Blanket while having a valid one

Hello All,

I am in a situation where I am not able to understand if I am asked to follow a correct path or not. Hence, will need help from folks who had faced similar issue in past or have knowledge in this matter.

I already have a valid L1B Blanket visa which was issued on name of my current organization (Issued - Dec 2017, valid till Dec 2020) and I had travelled on the same in 2018 for 11 months (Jan to Nov). Now, I have been asked to travel again for 1.5 years in Dec 2019. However, my company had started a process of new L1B Blanket because my job title and description has changed (still falls under specialized category). I had asked if we should go for an amendment instead of a new Visa. To which, I was told that it will take almost same time and since I am in India, I should go for a new one and also the new Visa will be stamped for 2 years (valid till end of 2021)

My concern here are -

1. Will I be issued a new visa knowing that I already have a valid Visa for one more year or will they send me back asking to file an amendment
    2. Is it True that new Visa will be stamped for 2 year (based on extension pattern). My company feels I will need to stay more that a year (15-18 months) and it makes more sense to go for a new one.

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by Ksshadab View Post
    1. Will I be issued a new visa knowing that I already have a valid Visa for one more year or will they send me back asking to file an amendment
    If approved, they will cancel your existing visa & will issue a new one.

2. Is it True that new Visa will be stamped for 2 year (based on extension pattern). My company feels I will need to stay more that a year (15-18 months) and it makes more sense to go for a new one.
    Yes, new visa you'll get for 3 years or the dates in your blanket petition.

Its good for you to apply for a new visa, because you already stayed out of USA for >1 year now - this will reset your 5 year limit. On the other hand, now-a-days extensions are getting denied a lot, so better to apply for a new one.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

Comment

Thanks a lot Libra_14! However I feel that they might not give me visa for 3 years as my interview will be in Nov (11 months out of us). So in that case will they issue the visa for 2 years. Assuming my previous visa was for 3 and I am appearing before completion of 1 year out of US.

Comment

Thanks a lot Libra_14! However I feel that they might not give me visa for 3 years as my interview will be in Nov (11 months out of us). So in that case will they issue the visa for 2 years. Assuming my previous visa was for 3 and I am appearing before completion of 1 year out of US.
        Oh, then you are not eligible for a new visa, you might probably get 2 year only. Well, lets go through the interview & see what you get now.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

Comment

Working...
        X