Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying for new L1B Blanket while having a valid one

Hello All,

I am in a situation where I am not able to understand if I am asked to follow a correct path or not. Hence, will need help from folks who had faced similar issue in past or have knowledge in this matter.

I already have a valid L1B Blanket visa which was issued on name of my current organization (Issued - Dec 2017, valid till Dec 2020) and I had travelled on the same in 2018 for 11 months (Jan to Nov). Now, I have been asked to travel again for 1.5 years in Dec 2019. However, my company had started a process of new L1B Blanket because my job title and description has changed (still falls under specialized category). I had asked if we should go for an amendment instead of a new Visa. To which, I was told that it will take almost same time and since I am in India, I should go for a new one and also the new Visa will be stamped for 2 years (valid till end of 2021)

My concern here are -

1. Will I be issued a new visa knowing that I already have a valid Visa for one more year or will they send me back asking to file an amendment
    2. Is it True that new Visa will be stamped for 2 year (based on extension pattern). My company feels I will need to stay more that a year (15-18 months) and it makes more sense to go for a new one.

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by Ksshadab View Post
    1. Will I be issued a new visa knowing that I already have a valid Visa for one more year or will they send me back asking to file an amendment
    If approved, they will cancel your existing visa & will issue a new one.

2. Is it True that new Visa will be stamped for 2 year (based on extension pattern). My company feels I will need to stay more that a year (15-18 months) and it makes more sense to go for a new one.
    Yes, new visa you'll get for 3 years or the dates in your blanket petition.

Its good for you to apply for a new visa, because you already stayed out of USA for >1 year now - this will reset your 5 year limit. On the other hand, now-a-days extensions are getting denied a lot, so better to apply for a new one.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Thanks a lot Libra_14! However I feel that they might not give me visa for 3 years as my interview will be in Nov (11 months out of us). So in that case will they issue the visa for 2 years. Assuming my previous visa was for 3 and I am appearing before completion of 1 year out of US.

Comment

Thanks a lot Libra_14! However I feel that they might not give me visa for 3 years as my interview will be in Nov (11 months out of us). So in that case will they issue the visa for 2 years. Assuming my previous visa was for 3 and I am appearing before completion of 1 year out of US.
        Oh, then you are not eligible for a new visa, you might probably get 2 year only. Well, lets go through the interview & see what you get now.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X