L1A extension denied - reapply

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1A extension denied - reapply

My I-94 and 1st 3 year L1A (individual) is expiring on 31st July. My L1A (individual) extension has recently been denied.
    1. Can I reapply L1A (individual) extension?
    2. Can I continue to work after 31st July, if I reapply for L1A (individual) extension before 31st July and decision is pending?
    Thanks!

I think you can reapply.My first L1A extension denial and current (second) application are INDIVIDUAL.I am not allowed to work as my second petition was filed after i94 expiry.
    Try to find the reason for denial and fix it in new application.
    I got few questions, was the denied one processed under premium? and how many days did they take for decision if its premium processing? and which center?
    My second case is in premium and its been 11 days, but no result.

Comment

Does your denial letter has any I94 attached to it?

Originally posted by IG16 View Post
      1. Can I reapply L1A (individual) extension?
      If your current petition is not expired, then you can re-apply (for your case, you still have time to file extension till July 31st).

I don't think an extension can be filed for an expired petition, guess it will be a new petition.
      2. Can I continue to work after 31st July, if I reapply for L1A (individual) extension before 31st July and decision is pending?
      Yes, you can continue to work, if you file for extension.
      - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Hi sskumar

Did you receive update I-94 with your denial notice ? If no then how did you file l1 individual after I-94 expiry and visa denial ?

Comment

Originally posted by ankitbansal2601 View Post
          Hi sskumar

Did you receive update I-94 with your denial notice ? If no then how did you file l1 individual after I-94 expiry and visa denial ?
          If your denial letter doesn't come with a new I94, then check your online status of I94 (mostly it will be same as earlier).

If so, you can file for COS (before I94 expiry) to B2 status & continue to stay in USA until this pandemic situation is over (Note that without an valid you cannot work, but can stay with pending COS).
          Last edited by Libra_14; 07-15-2020, 01:20 PM.
          - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

Comment

Hi Libra,

thanks for the information.So this filing of COS after I-94 expiry to any other status is given as a part of relief for COVID 19 from USCIS

As the general rule says that you cannot file COS after I-94 expiry.Please let me know

Comment

Originally posted by ankitbansal2601 View Post
              So this filing of COS after I-94 expiry to any other status is given as a part of relief for COVID 19 from USCIS

As the general rule says that you cannot file COS after I-94 expiry.Please let me know
              So for Change of status you need to have a valid status first. If you are out of status, then you cannot change a status.

After I94 expiry, you'll loose your current status & hence it can't be extended. Any COS application need to be filed before I94 expiry.

Comment

My I-94 and 1st 3 year L1A (individual) is expiring on 31st July. My L1A (individual) extension has recently been denied.
                Thanks!
                Hello

May I please ask why your extension was denied? Any specific reason stated?

Comment

Hi, Was it processed under premium, which Service center?

Comment

Hi...can you please tell me what was reason of denial ? Did it went to rfe and then denied ,

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X