Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does applying for PERM, I-140 on F-1 visa hurt chances of getting L-1 visa in future?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Does applying for PERM, I-140 on F-1 visa hurt chances of getting L-1 visa in future?

    I am on F-1 OPT and my company is willing to apply for my PERM and I-140 on my F-1 OPT. They are also sponsoring my H-1B. If I don't get H-1B then I would have to go to Canada and come back on L-1A visa.

    So does applying for PERM and I-140 on F-1 visa hurt my chances of getting L-1A visa? I know if we apply for PERM and I-140 on F-1 visa then we won't get F-1 visa in future due to its single intent.

    Also, would it hurt my H-1B application if H-1B gets picked?

  • #2
    Each application is processed independently, hence it won't impact each other.

    However if something goes to your history (like you lied or tried to hide the truth) then it will impact certainly.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

    If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
      Each application is processed independently, hence it won't impact each other.

      However if something goes to your history (like you lied or tried to hide the truth) then it will impact certainly.
      Wait, does applying for PERM and I-140 on F-1 is considered lying because of F-1's single intent? Just wondering what you meant by something going to history.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by gvk93 View Post
        Wait, does applying for PERM and I-140 on F-1 is considered lying because of F-1's single intent?
        Certainly not, when you applied for your F1 at that time you weren't sure that you'll be planning to live in USA permanently (90 days rule). You can certainly change your mind since you've spent considerable time on your existing F1.

        Originally posted by gvk93 View Post
        Just wondering what you meant by something going to history.
        By history I meant, if you are contradicting yourself in different applications. For example, in your initial F1 application you didn't mentioned any job history & now in PERM if you mention that you have several years of experience.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

        If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
          Certainly not, when you applied for your F1 at that time you weren't sure that you'll be planning to live in USA permanently (90 days rule). You can certainly change your mind since you've spent considerable time on your existing F1.


          By history I meant, if you are contradicting yourself in different applications. For example, in your initial F1 application you didn't mentioned any job history & now in PERM if you mention that you have several years of experience.
          Thanks a lot. Appreciate the insights so far. Would you recommend that I go ahead and start my PERM and I-140 process and if I don't get H-1B then just come back on L-1A?

          And yeah, I didn't lie about my experience. I have been working for one of top 5 tech companies and I am completely honest about my work experience.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by gvk93 View Post

            Thanks a lot. Appreciate the insights so far. Would you recommend that I go ahead and start my PERM and I-140 process and if I don't get H-1B then just come back on L-1A?
            certainly.

            Originally posted by gvk93 View Post
            And yeah, I didn't lie about my experience. I have been working for one of top 5 tech companies and I am completely honest about my work experience.
            That was just an example buddy.
            - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

            If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

            Comment

            Working...
            X