Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1A - Change of employer to affiliated company

Hi

I am on an L1A visa (individual petition). Visa is valid till June 2027 and PED is March 2025.
    I am currently in the US and my employer is planning to transfer me to an affiliated company within the US. The new employer will file a new L1A individual petition to complete this transfer.

My question is, do I need a new visa stamping with the new petition or can I enter US with the current visa stamping that is valid till June 2027, with the new I-797 with new employer?

Your guidance will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you
    Rajsree

Originally posted by Raj_sree View Post
    I am currently in the US and my employer is planning to transfer me to an affiliated company within the US. The new employer will file a new L1A individual petition to complete this transfer.

My question is, do I need a new visa stamping with the new petition or can I enter US with the current visa stamping that is valid till June 2027, with the new I-797 with new employer?
    It depends upon what is the exact relation between the original & affiliate company.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Thanks Libra_14 for your response. The move is from subsidiary to holding company. Please let me know if you need any further details.

Comment

You can reuse the existing visa.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X