X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kunalrajesh01
    replied
    HELLO SIR / MA'AM,

I am from India, and my mother is about to apply for me in the F2B category, sir/ma'am any indication on the timelines if you can guide me? From what I can gather you have been a senior and a very active participant.

and what are the ways that one can stay in the US while the process is underway?? your help will be much appreciated ...

thanks​

Leave a comment:

• newacct
    replied
    Originally posted by hillary❤️obama View Post
    brother inlaw just got his i130 approved with his two sons. what are the steps and what does he need to avoid to prevent disapproval.
    The next step is to wait until a visa number becomes available for his category and priority date, which will probably be several years away. Look on the visa bulletin for an idea of how long the wait may be. NVC should contact him when the wait is almost over to start the process.

Leave a comment:

• hillary❤️obama
    replied
    brother inlaw just got his i130 approved with his two sons. what are the steps and what does he need to avoid to prevent disapproval.

Leave a comment:

• hillary❤️obama
    replied
    parent petitioner recieved letter of required supporting documents for petitioned son. petitioner has 60 days to send in all documents. how long is next step?

Leave a comment:

• hillary❤️obama
    replied
    Originally posted by krypton9591 View Post
    Then he would still be considered Unmaried for the F2b category
    what about the kids?

Leave a comment:

• krypton9591
    replied
    Not married.
    Then he would still be considered Unmaried for the F2b category

Leave a comment:

• hillary❤️obama
    replied
    is he married?
    Not married.

Leave a comment:

• krypton9591
    replied
    is he married?

Leave a comment:

• hillary❤️obama
    replied
    Hello again, so what if the son is living in with his children's mom. 2 kids with 1 on the way soon. theyre both biological parents.

Leave a comment:

• tamarack
    replied
    Joint Sponsor can be anyone?
    For questions like these, always refer first to the USCIS web site. https://www.uscis.gov/greencard/affidavit-support

It says for "joint sponsor" (emphasis mine):

A joint sponsor is someone who is willing to accept legal responsibility for supporting your family member with you. A joint sponsor must meet all the same requirements as you, except the joint sponsor does not need to be related to the immigrant. The joint sponsor (or the joint sponsor and his or her household) must reach the 125% income requirement alone. You cannot combine your income with that of a joint sponsor to meet the income requirement.

So what are these requirements? See under "sponsor":

You must also be at least 18 years old and a U.S. citizen or a permanent resident. You must have a domicile in the United States or a territory or possession of the United States. Usually, this requirement means you must actually live in the United States, or a territory or possession, in order to be a sponsor. If you live abroad, you may still be eligible to be a sponsor if you can show that your residence abroad is temporary, and that you still have your domicile in the United States.

So not quite "anyone", literally, but you already knew that they had to have sufficient income or assets.

Leave a comment:

• hillary❤️obama
    replied
    So the answer is Yes income matter, No you don't have to be the sole person to meet the income requirements unless of course you don't want to have a joint sponsor in which case yes income matters and yes insufficient income will be an issue
    Joint Sponsor can be anyone?

Leave a comment:

• krypton9591
    replied
    so income doesnt matter then?
    So the answer is Yes income matter, No you don't have to be the sole person to meet the income requirements unless of course you don't want to have a joint sponsor in which case yes income matters and yes insufficient income will be an issue

Leave a comment:

• newacct
    replied
    At the time the immigrant is going through the Consular Processing process to get the immigrant visa, the petitioner will need to submit an Affidavit of Support. If the petitioner's household income is insufficient, they can find a "joint sponsor" whose household income is enough who will fill out a second Affidavit of Support.

Leave a comment:

• hillary❤️obama
    replied
    Originally posted by newacct View Post
    no

Leave a comment:

• newacct
    replied
    do you have to make a certain annual gross income for the petition to get approved?
    no

Leave a comment:

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X