Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Change of Status to F-1 applicants here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gururaj1984 View Post
    Also did you require to follow up with USCIS on phone/email?
    hi this is sayantani .I have received the approval notice for the change of status from f2 to f1 on paper today .I have received the I- 797 notice of approval and the new i-94 replacement card but i am yet to receive the stamped i-20 .Please do let me know whether you guys have receive the stamped i-20 along with the approval notice and how do i contact USCIS through hone because when i call them and give my receipt number they cannot read the number and do i contact them through mail?Please do let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by sayantani View Post
      hi this is sayantani .I have received the approval notice for the change of status from f2 to f1 on paper today .I have received the I- 797 notice of approval and the new i-94 replacement card but i am yet to receive the stamped i-20 .Please do let me know whether you guys have receive the stamped i-20 along with the approval notice and how do i contact USCIS through hone because when i call them and give my receipt number they cannot read the number and do i contact them through mail?Please do let me know.
      Hey Hi sayantani.Congrats!!You can contact through phone.Thats the best way.I think you have problem entering recipt number number on phone??
      For ex if your recipt number is Wac1234567890, Type:9221234567890, (as 9 has w,a is on 2 ,c is also 2).Thats it.Rest all same process. i think you have the phone number right. And can you pls tell me when your case was filed?How long did it take for approval?Which center is yours?

Comment

Originally posted by praveenarao View Post
        Hey Hi sayantani.Congrats!!You can contact through phone.Thats the best way.I think you have problem entering recipt number number on phone??
        For ex if your recipt number is Wac1234567890, Type:9221234567890, (as 9 has w,a is on 2 ,c is also 2).Thats it.Rest all same process. i think you have the phone number right. And can you pls tell me when your case was filed?How long did it take for approval?Which center is yours?
        "hi thanks a lot for the information.I had filed on 23rd may and i have received the approval through e-mail by 30th july .The paper notice came yesterday.it took about 2.5 months and it was processed in the Vermont Service Center. .Best of luck ".

Comment

"hi thanks a lot for the information.I had filed on 23rd may and i have received the approval through e-mail by 30th july .The paper notice came yesterday.it took about 2.5 months and it was processed in the Vermont Service Center. .Best of luck ".
          Finally got approved yesterday! Big big relief! It took 3 months and 4 days! It's not the case for everybody though, some people get approved between 2 and 3 months so you can work with that.

All the best to everyone waiting.

Comment

Originally posted by Ogunys View Post
            Finally got approved yesterday! Big big relief! It took 3 months and 4 days! It's not the case for everybody though, some people get approved between 2 and 3 months so you can work with that.

All the best to everyone waiting.
            Congrats!!!Happy for u!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks alot!!!I think it takes me more 2weeks.

Comment

1 QUICK question on COS documents

Hi all,
              Hope you all have applied for COS (to F1 visa) from USA, I'm also planning to do it pretty soon, but I see that we a need "a document from India, basically a residence proof document" for which I'm planning to use my "Ration card" because it contains residence address.
              So, my question : Is it just the residency doc they need or they need any financial support documents(like bank statements.....). What did u all submit.

Comment

@ nehs

Originally posted by nehs View Post
                Those of us who have already submitted the I-20,need to get anothet I-20 from the school and make an appointment with USCIS to get it stamped. OFcourse, this stamp is not mandatory and only those of us who want to have the stamp have to go ahead.

You should read the FAQ's in the link I sent you, and please remember that you are NOT going to receive your I-20 back.
                Hi, I had applied for my change of status to F1 on May 18th and received it as approved on August 6th 2012. The problem is I think only now, they have changed the process to online in June i think. So since there was no electronic option earlier I had sent in my original i20 in the postal mail. I just received the F1 approval notice on 11th August. But no i20 stamped. My university starts on september 4th. And now the rule is the i20 need not be stamped right? So since I don't have any i20, now in my posession. Will the school again issue me the same original i20 again? since I guess you need an i20 , whether stamped or not. Will they charge for that now or what is the procedure? or should I still keep my hopes high and wait for the stamped i20 from the USCIS?

Comment

Originally posted by harika414 View Post
                  Hi all,
                  Hope you all have applied for COS (to F1 visa) from USA, I'm also planning to do it pretty soon, but I see that we a need "a document from India, basically a residence proof document" for which I'm planning to use my "Ration card" because it contains residence address.
                  So, my question : Is it just the residency doc they need or they need any financial support documents(like bank statements.....). What did u all submit.
                  No you dont need ration card or residence.Documents needed for COS from H4 to F1 are 1.passport front and back with I-40 copy, 2. yeah u need bank statement also
                  3. letter stating reason for changing 4. I-20 from college

Comment

Originally posted by praveenarao View Post
                    No you dont need ration card or residence.Documents needed for COS from H4 to F1 are 1.passport front and back with I-40 copy, 2. yeah u need bank statement also
                    3. letter stating reason for changing 4. I-20 from college
                    Hi Praveena,
                    Is it the bank stmt from India that u are talking about for residence proof from home country. In my case my husband is my sponsor so, I will submit I-134 as financial support doc. I was talking about residence proof doc from home country. Sorry, I'm little confused about that

Comment

• Originally posted by harika414 View Post
                      Hi Praveena,
                      Is it the bank stmt from India that u are talking about for residence proof from home country. In my case my husband is my sponsor so, I will submit I-134 as financial support doc. I was talking about residence proof doc from home country. Sorry, I'm little confused about that

If you are applying for change of status to f1 in USA,You dont need india residence proof.
                      And the Bank statement is to show who is sponsering you for your education and to show if you have enough funds for going to college/school(College/school fees). You dont need any residence cerificate from India for change of status from h4 to f1 (for changing from h4 to F1 in USA).
                      I think you know rest all required documents. Message me if you need any help further!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by praveenarao View Post
                        If you are applying for change of status to f1 in USA,You dont need india residence proof.
                        And the Bank statement is to show who is sponsering you for your education and to show if you have enough funds for going to college/school(College/school fees). You dont need any residence cerificate from India for change of status from h4 to f1 (for changing from h4 to F1 in USA).
                        I think you know rest all required documents. Message me if you need any help further!!!

Thanks for quick reply praveena. My International advisor asked for residence proof submission because F1 students do need to prove that they have the intent to return back to home country after studies and OPT so for that we need to show some residence proof. May be u did not submit this but, our international advisor asked me to send it.
                        Thanks

Comment

Thanks for quick reply praveena. My International advisor asked for residence proof submission because F1 students do need to prove that they have the intent to return back to home country after studies and OPT so for that we need to show some residence proof. May be u did not submit this but, our international advisor asked me to send it.
                          Thanks

Yeah.I dint submit submit that. Our international student advisor dint ask me to submit. Instead she asked me write a letter for converting from H1 to F1, which should have the reason for converting and have the intent to return back to home country for studies and OPT.

Comment

• Originally posted by praveenarao View Post
                            Yeah.I dint submit submit that. Our international student advisor dint ask me to submit. Instead she asked me write a letter for converting from H1 to F1, which should have the reason for converting and have the intent to return back to home country for studies and OPT.
                            Thanks Praveena, may your doc list is different since u did it from h1 to f1, mine is from h4 to f1. Thanks for your advice.

Comment

Thanks Praveena, may your doc list is different since u did it from h1 to f1, mine is from h4 to f1. Thanks for your advice.
                              Sorry.Even mine is H4 to f1. That was a typo error. Anyway mail atleast 2-3months in advance.Now average processing time is 2.5months.

Comment

• Originally posted by nehs View Post
                                Those of us who have already submitted the I-20,need to get anothet I-20 from the school and make an appointment with USCIS to get it stamped. OFcourse, this stamp is not mandatory and only those of us who want to have the stamp have to go ahead.

You should read the FAQ's in the link I sent you, and please remember that you are NOT going to receive your I-20 back.
                                Could you please send the link again. I got I 787A without I-20. I do not have that much time to wait.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X